Living images doesn't work

Ural Kavraal

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 920 and living images doesn't work. I think after last update of Nokia camera and Nokia camera beta both. Does anyone have same problem?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. They removed living images from nokia camera. If I am not wrong it requires Lumia cyan update and will be exclusive to newer devices. I know it was working by resetting the camera.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Its simple. if my 1020 and your 920 can play living images (even before Cyan), that's a BIG PROOF that it will come.

Also there is one thing to consider, the living images will only work if your having a PUREVIEW CAMERA. This includes 920,925,928,1020,1520 and Icon. So yeah no need to worry.
There were also some saying that it also works on 820 due to having CARL ZEISS LENS.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Its simple. if my 1020 and your 920 can play living images (even before Cyan), that's a BIG PROOF that it will come.

I participated in Nokia's live Q&A and I asked the same question. Luckily Juha answered my question and said it will be exclusive to Lumia 930,1520 and icon.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 won't have this feature ever?

It's possible that all Lumias will get the feature eventually. It just needs more testing. And if not, there sure must be a way to enable it at least for 1 GB ram devices.

The 930, Icon and 1520 are supposed to take a living image everytime they take a photo. While this may not be possible in a fast, day to day use on older devices (especially on something like 1020), they could make the feature "optional".

For example, on my Lumia 820 it still works. But it doesn't work as it does on the 930. If I take a normal shot, it's a normal shot. If I try to take an action shot, THEN it takes a living image. I'm talking 1 GB, dual-core 1.5 GHz here and it takes around 6 seconds processing the shot so I understand their way of thinking. Also watching the images on the camera roll doesn't take a toll on anything so there's that.

I think it's pretty safe bet the feature will come in the future. Of course they ask say now older ddevices won't get it. It's what PR tells then. We won't get any further insights at the current time from the team. When they have a working, stable, good enough product they'll tell us. Like they've always did.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that all Lumias will get the feature eventually. It just needs more testing. And if not, there sure must be a way to enable it at least for 1 GB ram devices.

The 930, Icon and 1520 are supposed to take a living image everytime they take a photo. While this may not be possible in a fast, day to day use on older devices (especially on something like 1020), they could make the feature "optional".

For example, on my Lumia 820 it still works. But it doesn't work as it does on the 930. If I take a normal shot, it's a normal shot. If I try to take an action shot, THEN it takes a living image. I'm talking 1 GB, dual-core 1.5 GHz here and it takes around 6 seconds processing the shot so I understand their way of thinking. Also watching the images on the camera roll doesn't take a toll on anything so there's that.

I think it's pretty safe bet the feature will come in the future. Of course they ask say now older ddevices won't get it. It's what PR tells then. We won't get any further insights at the current time from the team. When they have a working, stable, good enough product they'll tell us. Like they've always did.

Wow really? when I had it on my 1020 it took the exact amount of time when I took a pic without living images.
Can say about 820 though. Maybe it might be due 2GB RAM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss