Is Microsoft kidding me!? Do they test their own software before they seed it to the world?

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to make a review about the Nokia Camera on the Store since 1 week.
I reached the maximum character on my comment and when I want to post my review I get all the time the error code 805a0190. I tried to make my comment shorter but with no success. Always the same error this makes me so angry. Testet on 3 Lumia phones. Shorter comments are working but for the longer one I get this error.

And the new game hub. What the hell is wrong with Microsoft what they try to do? The game hub on windowsphone7 is 100 times faster and don't lag when you scroll down or up. I don't know what they trying to do with this downgrade. Hello Microsoft we are in the year 2014 and not on 2007. Why you make a 3rd party games hub if you don't even update it and if you haven't change anything on it. Tell me how did you do this, to make the same game hub 100 times slower and so laggy. Do 10 years old Childs make your apps. Do you want to compete 5 years old kids with this. The game hub on 8.0 loads do quick and doesn't lag like the new one. You are a master sometimes in downgrading Microsoft. No words you make great software and I'm a big fan but sometimes you make very bad things. Please fix your game hub fast or integrate it again to the OS and make us all happy.

And the new Internet explorer 11 can't even verify correctly to the webpages. Since 8.1 a lot of webpages opens in mobile theme (I know for some of you guys this isn't bad but for some other it is). Ehhmm Microsoft programmers and tester do you test your own platform or are you busy to testing another OS that you don't notice this. I contacted Microsoft on twitters about this and they tell me they didn't know about this and redirected me to another site were I told them about this but since now with no answer. On 8.0 all my webpages opens on desktop mode. When you open an item on ebay now it opens the item page on web version. Now on 8.1 you have manually need to change the view on the webpage you use but it's not possible on every page like on twitter I can't change the theme to desktop. I'm wondering if you will notice this bug after 1 million people will contact you about this Microsoft. And another thing is boring to. On some webpage if you click on the search field or you click a link than a pop up page opens but the browser doesn't opens this pop up on a new tab it opens it on the same tap you use so you can't reach the page you want because of this. Is it so hard to program it that the pop ups opens on a new tab like on IOS, Symbian, Android, Bada..... .

And the same with the Music App you haven't update it with the gdr updates for 8.0 but now is it a 3rd party app and you update it every two weeks. And it's still not good. Make it again a system App and update the App within the software updates or let some background tasks open that it opens and resuming faster.

Even you got the most fluid OS in my eyes I have to say that your camera App is so slow compared to other OS. It need so long to save a picture my old 3650 with an 120mhz? CPU was faster at this.
But the funniest thing is that it doesn't support higher resolution than 5MP on a 41MP phone XD you need a 3rd part software to do it haha. Integrate it to the main OS camera that it can handle it.
And why you cut some features from your very very sexy gallery app. On 8.0 you could scroll back on your picture view and could scroll between more pictures. And could you bring the old gallery? I have 9000 pictures and it's annoying to wait till they load them all.

There is so much more to say and I'm not a Microsoft hater. I love their products and I just use their software. But they are not perfect and making their customers sometimes weird and confused. I have a Lumia 1020 64GB version.

Something tells me Microsoft has recognized the sheer silliness of your post and put you on "auto reject." You sound ridiculous.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh LOL!........ Seriously, you're not even funny. When a person has a problem with their phone, telling them they don't know how to use it is lame. Calling him an ex-Android user is childish and immature also. Windows Phone has problems sometimes, and people have a right to bring it up here on the forums. You're basically treating him like he's stupid, and we do not need that here at WPC.

Well... It was amusing, and the tone I used was in response to some of his angry replies to other comments. Starting the thread with a tirade against MS and WP, was probably not the way to go.
The problems he mentioned may have been fixed by a hard reset. It's SOP for WP. I did advise this a few posts further on. He also mentioned that he knows the phone inside and out when he quite clearly does not, or he would have figured this out for himself.
Reading some of your posts from other threads, I think you should take your own advice!!!
Thanks for showing an interest....

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
***PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM MAKING THINGS PERSONAL.***
Sent from my Lumia One Three Two Zero

Nothing personal at all, Mod.

It seems all the humour has left these forums at the moment. I will try to moderate my sarcasm in future. Us Brits forget that not everyone gets it!!!!

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with the store, I submit full length comments both from the store or the app list and it doesn't crashes. You should try to back up everything and do a hard reset.
Thank you for your helpfully comment. I know this bugs etc. I tried it on 3 different phones and I get the error on all the three phones I don't know why It doesn't work. I only tried it on the Nokia camera app (beta)

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
*Sigh* When reading some posts in this thread...

First of all, no hard reset can fix the lag in the Xbox Music and Games apps. They are simply poorly made.

Secondly, the Desktop mode is bugged right now, and it has been reported several times before.

I don't understand why you can't read the first post properly instead of attacking the OP. Stop defending Microsoft all the time and accept that no OS is bug-free.

Yes your right mate you have read my thread correctly. Yes every OS got bugs but they fix their bugs and don't make new bugs like Microsoft did with the latest 8.1. I love the latest update but I think they don't test it when they write me there is no bug change your settings to desktop mode and and and.

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
if you do a soft reset on the phone after changing to desktop mode it often alleviates the problem
When you delete your temp and cookies etc than you have to change all the webpages again manually to desktop. But you can't do it in every page like twitter hotmail

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well... It was amusing, and the tone I used was in response to some of his angry replies to other comments. Starting the thread with a tirade against MS and WP, was probably not the way to go.
The problems he mentioned may have been fixed by a hard reset. It's SOP for WP. I did advise this a few posts further on. He also mentioned that he knows the phone inside and out when he quite clearly does not, or he would have figured this out for himself.
Reading some of your posts from other threads, I think you should take your own advice!!!
Thanks for showing an interest....

Okay you right mate my thread sounds really to angry maybe I need to write it a bit clearer. I'm not really angry about this bugs. I have write my text in the middle of the night and write it like I'm really angry. Sorry if it sounds so angry.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay you right mate my thread sounds really to angry maybe I need to write it a bit clearer. I'm not really angry about this bugs. I have write my text in the middle of the night and write it like I'm really angry. Sorry if it sounds so angry.

Yeah, well WP can be frustrating from time to time.
I agree some things could be better, but I'm sure that MS will get there in the end!!!!

Hope you get the problems sorted...

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, well WP can be frustrating from time to time.
I agree some things could be better, but I'm sure that MS will get there in the end!!!!

Hope you get the problems sorted...

I think WP is not really frustrating. It gets better and better but it was never bad. But they make bugs on the wrong apps like music, IE

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Alright OP, your title says " Do they test their own software before they seed it to the world?" AND it's posted in the WP8.1 Dev Preview section. First off, the reason why the Xbox apps are currently worse than the previous ones in WP8 (Xbox Music, Videos and Games - admittedly they really suck) is because they separated them from the OS and made them individual apps - unless they rewrote ALL of them from the ground up (which is unlikely), they've most likely taken the existing code in WP8, pulled it out and put it into a separate app, which leaves a lot of loose ends. Developers have a hard life - it's not so easy to fix "slow loading" because a) re-optimising code takes a lifetime and b) searching through hundreds of lines of code to find a bug also takes a lifetime. Being on the dev preview means the developers can experiment and can rapidly push out updates to rule out certain factors. Secondly, you're on a developer preview. You signed up for it, you agreed you couldn't roll back and you accepted that the OS would have bugs in it. Don't ever treat the current state of 8.1 as final. Heck, this version isn't even meant for daily users but most people do (including me). For the most part, it is very stable and bug-free. Even when my friend had iOS 7 GM on his iPhone 5 there were still a few bugs around (his FFC was broken in the OS). No software is perfect - and especially don't expect developer previews to be. You have to accept you signed up for the beta product mate. Don't do what a reviewer does and treat WP8.1 now like a final release, without firmware, without optimisations and without bug fixes. There's a reason they're rolling it out slowly - to fix as many bugs as they can before the hoards of reviewers and complainers come and shred the release to bits.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Has to be the funniest post I've read today.
I know how you feel about typing a ton of stuff and all of a sudden, the browser ghosts on your and when you finally get the page back, ALL your thoughts are gone. Its happened in this forum more times than I care to count.
Which is why if I have a lot I want to say, remember the golden rule, drag out notepad, jot my thoughts down then Cntrl+V to WPC. Its saved me more than a few times. lol. Still got to be a classic post. lol.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Also don't forget that the update process ITSELF is also at a beta stage - looking at your issues covered in the OP looks like you just got bad luck updating (I never had any of those issues....well.... Except for the Xbox apps :p). Hard reset should fix it.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes your right mate you have read my thread correctly. Yes every OS got bugs but they fix their bugs and don't make new bugs like Microsoft did with the latest 8.1. I love the latest update but I think they don't test it when they write me there is no bug change your settings to desktop mode and and and.
That's ridiculous there are always new bugs with an OS change. Especially a beta release missing the firmware upgrade to go with it.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
That's ridiculous there are always new bugs with an OS change. Especially a beta release missing the firmware upgrade to go with it.
As Daniel Rubino, Tom Warren and Joe Belfiore have said 1000000times. The Dev Preview is not a flipping BETA. Jesus Christ man, it is ahead of the 630's original release for crying out loud

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
To the OP,
truth to told, I 99.99% agree with you.
I should tell all first that THE REASON WHY XBOX MUSIC AND GAMES LAGS AND IS SLOW IS BECAUSE THEY ARE CORE FEATURES NOW. THEY ARE NOT APPPS WHICH SUCKS so thats
the APPS OF XBOX MUSIC AND GAMES are so terrible that now I don't even open them. SO SLOW AND LAGGY god dammit I wish I would go back to wp8. I even made a suggestion on user voice to make XBOX MUSIC AND GAMES APP built in back as it was in wp8.
The internet explorer 11....once again I am with you the desktop mode just sucks doesn't work anymore. In wp8, I used to watch episodes on dailymotion. It first launched on mobile then after changing to Desktop mode, walah I could play in DESKTOP MODE BUT IN WP8.1..... NO you can't. Dailymotion doesn't even open now in that mode. Heck it doesn't even work properly in mobile mode.
I dont what to do. To me its 50% downrgrade in the OS as compared to wp8!

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Alright OP, your title says " Do they test their own software before they seed it to the world?" AND it's posted in the WP8.1 Dev Preview section. First off, the reason why the Xbox apps are currently worse than the previous ones in WP8 (Xbox Music, Videos and Games - admittedly they really suck) is because they separated them from the OS and made them individual apps - unless they rewrote ALL of them from the ground up (which is unlikely), they've most likely taken the existing code in WP8, pulled it out and put it into a separate app, which leaves a lot of loose ends. Developers have a hard life - it's not so easy to fix "slow loading" because a) re-optimising code takes a lifetime and b) searching through hundreds of lines of code to find a bug also takes a lifetime. Being on the dev preview means the developers can experiment and can rapidly push out updates to rule out certain factors. Secondly, you're on a developer preview. You signed up for it, you agreed you couldn't roll back and you accepted that the OS would have bugs in it. Don't ever treat the current state of 8.1 as final. Heck, this version isn't even meant for daily users but most people do (including me). For the most part, it is very stable and bug-free. Even when my friend had iOS 7 GM on his iPhone 5 there were still a few bugs around (his FFC was broken in the OS). No software is perfect - and especially don't expect developer previews to be. You have to accept you signed up for the beta product mate. Don't do what a reviewer does and treat WP8.1 now like a final release, without firmware, without optimisations and without bug fixes. There's a reason they're rolling it out slowly - to fix as many bugs as they can before the hoards of reviewers and complainers come and shred the release to bits.
Dev Preview is not a Beta and has never been a Beta. The firmware updates don't upgrade the OS. There's a reason for that. This is the final version of Vanilla WP 8.1 untouched by HTCsungKiaweiMaxLongCheerImperioXolo and the others.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to make a review about the Nokia Camera on the Store since 1 week.
I reached the maximum character on my comment and when I want to post my review I get all the time the error code 805a0190. I tried to make my comment shorter but with no success. Always the same error this makes me so angry. Testet on 3 Lumia phones. Shorter comments are working but for the longer one I get this error.

And the new game hub. What the hell is wrong with Microsoft what they try to do? The game hub on windowsphone7 is 100 times faster and don't lag when you scroll down or up. I don't know what they trying to do with this downgrade. Hello Microsoft we are in the year 2014 and not on 2007. Why you make a 3rd party games hub if you don't even update it and if you haven't change anything on it. Tell me how did you do this, to make the same game hub 100 times slower and so laggy. Do 10 years old Childs make your apps. Do you want to compete 5 years old kids with this. The game hub on 8.0 loads do quick and doesn't lag like the new one. You are a master sometimes in downgrading Microsoft. No words you make great software and I'm a big fan but sometimes you make very bad things. Please fix your game hub fast or integrate it again to the OS and make us all happy.

And the new Internet explorer 11 can't even verify correctly to the webpages. Since 8.1 a lot of webpages opens in mobile theme (I know for some of you guys this isn't bad but for some other it is). Ehhmm Microsoft programmers and tester do you test your own platform or are you busy to testing another OS that you don't notice this. I contacted Microsoft on twitters about this and they tell me they didn't know about this and redirected me to another site were I told them about this but since now with no answer. On 8.0 all my webpages opens on desktop mode. When you open an item on ebay now it opens the item page on web version. Now on 8.1 you have manually need to change the view on the webpage you use but it's not possible on every page like on twitter I can't change the theme to desktop. I'm wondering if you will notice this bug after 1 million people will contact you about this Microsoft. And another thing is boring to. On some webpage if you click on the search field or you click a link than a pop up page opens but the browser doesn't opens this pop up on a new tab it opens it on the same tap you use so you can't reach the page you want because of this. Is it so hard to program it that the pop ups opens on a new tab like on IOS, Symbian, Android, Bada..... .

And the same with the Music App you haven't update it with the gdr updates for 8.0 but now is it a 3rd party app and you update it every two weeks. And it's still not good. Make it again a system App and update the App within the software updates or let some background tasks open that it opens and resuming faster.

Even you got the most fluid OS in my eyes I have to say that your camera App is so slow compared to other OS. It need so long to save a picture my old 3650 with an 120mhz? CPU was faster at this.
But the funniest thing is that it doesn't support higher resolution than 5MP on a 41MP phone XD you need a 3rd part software to do it haha. Integrate it to the main OS camera that it can handle it.
And why you cut some features from your very very sexy gallery app. On 8.0 you could scroll back on your picture view and could scroll between more pictures. And could you bring the old gallery? I have 9000 pictures and it's annoying to wait till they load them all.

There is so much more to say and I'm not a Microsoft hater. I love their products and I just use their software. But they are not perfect and making their customers sometimes weird and confused. I have a Lumia 1020 64GB version.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I know many people were frustrated with MS taking the hubs out and replacing them with apps. But be patient MS is planning on improving aggressively and consistently the experience on WP and the only WA to do that quickly is to take these items out of the os so they can bypass carrier updates and the slow process involved and update each independently, as needed, and without delay. They are doing this to allow a faster pace of improvement which is what everyone has been asking for. In order to do this they had to start anew so have some patience. It will get better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss