Filters in contact list.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
wouldnt everybody here love the idea of adding filters to the contacts in people hub according to the apps. it's a headache to link a contact with each othr after going through such a big large list. and besides people use different usernames than their own names. whatsay?? Filter on contact list +1

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
WP does have filtering so you don't see all your social media "contacts." Are you suggesting something more granular? Or a way to do the filtering as you open and browse People Hub?

I'm not sure I'd want WP to do the linking for me since, as you say, people don't always use their own names. Trying to find and unlink accounts that are linked in error could be worse than having to link them myself.

If you have your social media accounts linked to your Outlook.com account, the People app on the web allows you to do the linking on your big computer screen. Not a perfect solution, but sometimes easier to navigate and scroll through. Once they are linked there, they'll be linked on your phone and on Outlook desktop.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
all im just saying is that when we are in the process of linking, we see all our contacts no matter what social network they belong to. in this process i propose to add filters as we don't want clumsiness in our contact list. besides i it would be easier if we linked a contact by selecting an app first then find the contact.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
all im just saying is that when we are in the process of linking, we see all our contacts no matter what social network they belong to. in this process i propose to add filters as we don't want clumsiness in our contact list. besides i it would be easier if we linked a contact by selecting an app first then find the contact.

I guess it depends on the app, but if you want to limit the people hub to people for whom you have phone numbers, you can do that. When you open Skype, only Skype users are listed there. If you go to write an email or share something via your email account, type the first few letters of their name and a list appears of contacts whose email address matches what you've typed. The same is true for text messages. Go to messaging. Tap the + button to send a new text message and start typing the person's name. Only people for whom you have cell phone numbers will appear in the list.

So what am I not understanding? Does it not work the way you want it to if you filter the People Hub for phone numbers only? Occasionally, I use the People Hub to get a physical address (I can unfilter if I have an address but no phone number, but that would be a rare exception), but mostly use it for calling, so I filter for phone numbers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss