Possible to restore photos after updating to 8.1 preview and hard reset?

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted. I tried searching and didn't see this topic.

Is there a way to get my photos back? (I don't think so. But I am human, ergo hope springs eternal).

I am *usually* very smart about my backups. However last night I got all excited to jump into the 8.1 preview update and was working on it both late at night and also early in the morning. This caused a major brain malfunction and I totally spaced about saving my photos/videos from my 920 to my computer.

Here is a summary of the status of my phone:
- updated it to latest developer preview 8.1
- performed a hard reset (wiping all settings and data etch) (because I read this is recommended to solve many bugs)
- remembered that I had a bunch of photos and videos that it sure would be nice to get back

Are photos backed up automatically? (I think the answer is no. I think you have to tell your phone to back them up to OneDrive. I had not taken this step).
Is there a way to kickoff a restore that would get the photos back (or have I killed my ability to restore when I did the hard reset)?

Thanks,
Sam

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Log into your one drive and check and see if your photos where backed up. If you did not back tgem up to either one drive or PC then most likely gone

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can, go to YouTube there you will find alot of videos to know how.
Here in Saudi Arabia it's so important, because when they sell the phone asked has some personal photos they want to make sure that no one can teach them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte