"Loading" screen

yuvalnyk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello, first of all sorry about my English.
I wanted to know if there is any upcoming fix to the "loading" and "resume" screens(translation from Hebrew, don't sure how is it in English).
I think it makes the OS much less smooth and easy to use, and these 2 was the big advantages of Windows phone on IOS and android. Since 8.1 I see this screen more often, any app that I enter from the multi tasking is loading before I can use the app and even some settings have this problem.

I wanted to know if cyan update will fix it?

If anybody doesn't know what I'm talking about:
30ngr5g.png

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I noticed this after doing the developer preview and getting 8.1. I thought I read somewhere that 8.1 was going to make these loading/resuming screens much quicker than when in 8.0. So far, I completely disagree.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes 8.1 native coded apps don't have that issue (e.g. Facebook) but the existing pre 8.1 apps do. The app developers have to recode/recompile their apps in 8.1 to minimize the loading screen

StealthCrawler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I use an 8X and for the past few weeks, the loading and resume screens happen with just about every app i use. They happen with the new Podcasts/news/weather apps. It happens with "Settings" as well. It's just very very annoying. A lot of the times the "loading" and "resuming" screen stays on for 5 or more seconds. It's so much more than what it was on WP8.

I'm just hoping this is a firmware issue for the 8X and nothing else. But if it stays this way, i might just end up switching.

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with Lumia 720 and 1520 but with my new 930 don't happen, just when I have many apps in memory (something that could happen when you like to test this kind of thing)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon