920 is way faster with the old Tile scaling size.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
So I was bored and changed everything to the wp8 style, really noticed that the device is faster.

I like the speed so far, I hope this impacts battery in some way or another.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just did it, but my 920's screen looks stupid. I dont know why, but i feel like my phone is a dumb phone when i did it. I WILL NEVER GO BACK FROM 8.1!

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Interesting. I turned on 3 columns briefly but decided the small tile were too small and since they're about 3/4ths of the tiles on my screen, I pretty quickly went back to 2.

Last edited:

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Keeping with the big tiles. Seriously, my entire phone (including apps) seem snappier. Even if its a placebo effect... I'll take it!

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Actually scrolling up and down is way smoother with 2 row of tiles instead of 3. Realized that on my 920 a little while back. I kept switching back and forth to be sure but i thought it was a placebo effect. But it's really butter smooth with 2 row of tiles while you can feel the tiny stutters with 3 rows. It's not laggy per say, but you can feel it.

Thought the old layout was weird at first but the tiles look sharper that way. With 3 rows, the tiles are too small and are a little blurry. The background image looks nicer too with 2 rows. It really feels like a "window". Keeping the old layout as well, until i buy a newer wp.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually scrolling up and down is way smoother with 2 row of tiles instead of 3. Realized that on my 920 a little while back. I kept switching back and forth to be sure but i thought it was a placebo effect. But it's really butter smooth with 2 row of tiles while you can feel the tiny stutters with 3 rows. It's not laggy per say, but you can feel it.

Thought the old layout was weird at first but the tiles look sharper that way. With 3 rows, the tiles are too small and are a little blurry. The background image looks nicer too with 2 rows. It really feels like a "window". Keeping the old layout as well, until i buy a newer wp.

After a reset I don't get any lag while scrolling the 3 columns.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't get a lag so to speak, but the tile redrawing issue was becoming ridiculous and i was tired of hard resetting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos