Solve for Bitlocker issues (8.1+Cyan)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

A lot of people have been saying that they are getting stuck on the bitlocker loading screen..
The best thing to do would be to wait for a fix from MS before installing the latest update,
but if you were unfortunate enough to have already installed it, don't fret..

• Follow these steps to get back on track (this procedure will take you back to wp8.0):
  • Download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool (FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - USA)
  • Do a clean install Nokia Software Recovery Tool
  • Once installed, start the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and connect your phone
  • Once phone is detected , there will be a nokia logo on phone screen and regular reboot
  • Follow the instructions by recovery tool
  • It will download OS for you

I hope this works :) I have never used the NSR before.. However others have told me that the process is simple enough by simply following the on-screen commands

:cool:

mphumax

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep, recoverory tools solves the problem.

Althougj I got my phone running ok , I do not understand why recovery tol imstalla is so heavy, Net frame + heavy load of stuff.
And require win7 minimum. I think the perso who constructed the othervice nice software is reality disorinted.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yep, recoverory tools solves the problem.

Althougj I got my phone running ok , I do not understand why recovery tol imstalla is so heavy, Net frame + heavy load of stuff.
And require win7 minimum. I think the perso who constructed the othervice nice software is reality disorinted.

Ehm I was only able to gather bits and pieces from what you are trying to say lol
AFAIK the problem occurs when users are part of a company that uses this encryption system..
The idea is that the company's IT department should do the update for those users to prevent any problems,
but I guess some were just to excited :cool:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ehm I was only able to gather bits and pieces from what you are trying to say lol
AFAIK the problem occurs when users are part of a company that uses this encryption system..
The idea is that the company's IT department should do the update for those users to prevent any problems,
but I guess some were just to excited :cool:

Looks like they are going to have some explaining to do when their fellow 'helpful' colleagues in IT find out :winktongue:

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the steps in the original post. I'm in DP8.1 + Bitlocker limbo right now :-(

I really hope they fix this - I will wait and see. I don't want to brick my 925.

I understand that the NSRT seems like it's allowing people to reset to 8.0, and just for my information, is there a resource that someone can point me to that explains what IS and what IS NOT backed up and restored automatically when you hard reset your phone and then reconnect your account to the phone? Via Settings > Backup I have all of the options to back up Apps, Settings and Photos turned on. So, if I'm backing these things up, do they get restored? Also, what should I manually back up or save from the phone before doing a hard reset? Thanks in advance!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the steps in the original post. I'm in DP8.1 + Bitlocker limbo right now :-(

I really hope they fix this - I will wait and see. I don't want to brick my 925.

I understand that the NSRT seems like it's allowing people to reset to 8.0, and just for my information, is there a resource that someone can point me to that explains what IS and what IS NOT backed up and restored automatically when you hard reset your phone and then reconnect your account to the phone? Via Settings > Backup I have all of the options to back up Apps, Settings and Photos turned on. So, if I'm backing these things up, do they get restored? Also, what should I manually back up or save from the phone before doing a hard reset? Thanks in advance!

This might answer some of your questions Backing up on Windows Phone 8.1 and other cool features you may not know about | Windows Phone Central

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. Now that I've learned more about backup and restore, I'm more confused because it sounds like backup and restore have been enhanced in 8.1. So, I've been backing up 8.1 since April, what does that mean if I revert to 8.0 and restore? Can I even do that? And if I did and then upgraded to 8.1 is my 8.1 extra backup data still there and restorable?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Now that I've learned more about backup and restore, I'm more confused because it sounds like backup and restore have been enhanced in 8.1. So, I've been backing up 8.1 since April, what does that mean if I revert to 8.0 and restore? Can I even do that? And if I did and then upgraded to 8.1 is my 8.1 extra backup data still there and restorable?

Hard to tell, i imagine it would create some sort of conflicts.

I would recommend you don't do a restore until you have upgraded to Cyan. Once you have fully upgraded to Cyan, do a hard reset and go through the restore process.

Mikko Mallikas

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this story relies on presumption that you own or have access to Windows PC. Those of us with Mac or Linux are out of luck.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately this story relies on presumption that you own or have access to Windows PC. Those of us with Mac or Linux are out of luck.

Lol well im sorry for simply assuming. Most people around me use Windows so im not directly in contact with anyone that uses Mac, but I didn't think it would be an issu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes