No update found (12397 to 12400)

thrmlsam

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am currently using Lumia 1520.3 with developers preview installed(version 12397). When I check for updates it tells me that the phone is up to date. But I have heard that build 12400 is released. Any insights on this problem?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Microsoft says you may have to downgrade before updating to Cyan, with this new OS build. I wouldn't have even updated if id read that first. There's nothing special about this minor update

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Apparently Microsoft says you may have to downgrade before updating to Cyan, with this new OS build. I wouldn't have even updated if id read that first. There's nothing special about this minor update

How are we supposed to know that lol (If true)... especially when checking for updates would have automatically pulled the latest version?? :eck:

Good thing I downloaded the Lumia Black CV rom before updating to Dev Preview.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
you might need to use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to return your Lumia to a normal commercial software before downloading the Lumia Cyan update

- i guess not a sure thing

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
is a bit strange that the update is only showing up for certain people, I have 3 8.1 dev preview phones and none show the update.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
you might need to use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to return your Lumia to a normal commercial software before downloading the Lumia Cyan update

But why some of us and not all? I reset my phone after applying 8.1 so its basically a clean install. Weird, that's all. I'm sure its late or a specific range of devices missed?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I will be downgrading back to Lumia Black as it may not be an option, when Cyan is released for the L920 :straight:.
But why some of us and not all? I reset my phone after applying 8.1 so its basically a clean install. Weird, that's all. I'm sure its late or a specific range of devices missed?

Most people won't have to downgrade first! For most people, Cyan will install perfectly fine. The only people for whom this won't work are those that enabled BitLocker. WPC already wrote about this issue here:

BitLocker and Lumia Cyan causing issues for Windows Phones running Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Same issue on HTC 8x here in Spain running 12397. No firmware update, no DP 12400
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos