What's the benefit? I think they're faster and seem to be part of the OS e.g Storage sense and Battery saver and calendar. But what else? What're the other advantages for the users I mean.
    I apologize for this jumbled mess above
    07-22-2014 11:52 AM
    What are you trying to explain, exactly? I probably have the answer to your question, but I don't know what you mean WinRT when your talking about windows phone.
    07-22-2014 01:03 PM
    What are you trying to explain, exactly? I probably have the answer to your question, but I don't know what you mean WinRT when your talking about windows phone.
    8.1 apps with the appX format. WinPRT apps
    07-22-2014 01:07 PM
    Its all a part of Microsofts unify program. They realized that windows 8 isn't doing as great, and windows phone isn't any better. So effectively they want to make having both, better. I just don't know how any of this is going to work, but who knows, maybe it will...
    07-22-2014 01:13 PM
    Its all a part of Microsofts unify program. They realized that windows 8 isn't doing as great, and windows phone isn't any better. So effectively they want to make having both, better. I just don't know how any of this is going to work, but who knows, maybe it will...
    I mean. Does using one over the other provide end user benefits? For example, XBM uses Silverlight and is bad for some and good for others while OneMusic uses WinRT and has consistently good performance. Is that a function of the (SDK/Runtime not familiar with developer lingo)
    07-22-2014 01:36 PM
    WinRT also known as the Windows Runtime is a set of modern API's that allow developers from different disciplines the ability to create Apps that will run in the Modern UI on RT, 8.x and now WP 8.1 and eventually Xbox. These Apps can be written in HTML5/JavaScript, C# or C++. The advantage is the are API's support both low DPI and High DPI Scaling. But like any other platform, performance will vary depending on the quality of the Code...
    07-22-2014 11:22 PM