Toast notifications for old messages are shown everytime I soft reset my phone.

atash55

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, My touch screen has stopped working regularly the past month. I have to soft reset it several times to make it work. When I soft reset the phone I am shown toast notifications for all my unread old text messages again. I keep getting notifications for around 5 mins. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be? I am running the developer preview of windows phone 8.1. Any help with my touch screen issues will also be appreciated. Thanks!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is normal I would say. If you haven't read your text messages , it will show notifications for them after a soft reset. What type of touchscreen issues are you having , also what device do you have ?

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Is the clock set back to a crazy time when you do a soft reset?

If so, the first thing you should do is set the clock manually again :)

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. I personally think it is because we have SMS backup on in the settings and when we restore the phone - it's loading the old messages....

atash55

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
This is normal I would say. If you haven't read your text messages , it will show notifications for them after a soft reset. What type of touchscreen issues are you having , also what device do you have ?

The touch screen suddenly stops working sometimes. The soft buttons also don't work. I have to soft reset it several times to make it work.

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. I personally think it is because we have SMS backup on in the settings and when we restore the phone - it's loading the old messages....
I've never had SMS backup set and I have this issue

Is the clock set back to a crazy time when you do a soft reset?

If so, the first thing you should do is set the clock manually again :)
Aye, once I reset the clock, the toast stops popping

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos