8.1 Word flow keyboard

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

I have 2 questions about the new keyboard in 8.1

1. The keyboard learns what words I use over time, but does it sync those to my profile so that when I reset the phone or get a new phone I get the same suggestions as previously ?

2. I noticed that many times the Word flow functionallity is not available, is this intented or is it a bug maybe ?

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I have 2 questions about the new keyboard in 8.1

1. The keyboard learns what words I use over time, but does it sync those to my profile so that when I reset the phone or get a new phone I get the same suggestions as previously ?

This is a very good question! If it does not it really should

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that many times the Word flow functionallity is not available, is this intented or is it a bug maybe ?

this happen when you hae selected a language which you have not updated for wp8.1 . like if you are indian. only eng india or HINglish will have word flow unless you download other keyboard languges. che you language in keyboard.

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
this happen when you hae selected a language which you have not updated for wp8.1 . like if you are indian. only eng india or HINglish will have word flow unless you download other keyboard languges. che you language in keyboard.

Oh thats why! I switch between Swedish and English... thanks :)

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I think from memory that the wordflow data is part of a backup so if you do a restore to a new phone your wordflow will be restored as it was on the old phone. Regarding the times when wordflow does not appear, that is true on some login screens when the developer disables it, for reasons of security I guess, to prevent usernames and the like being stored in the wordflow data.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought that I would add this as some people seem to be confusing Word Flow and Shape Writing. Word Flow is the keyboard, Shape Writing is the input method.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the learnt words are backed up in the cloud. The words I "saved" in my lumia 920 (WP8.1 DP) passed to my lumia 1020 (WP 8.1 DP) and now to my 930 (WP 8.1 Cyan update).

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there any official source available for the keyboard syncing somewhere ? I'd love to see it... :) Btw, I'm having trouble with the keyboard remembering my nickname and such, it has never once suggested it, even tho I've written it numerous times, I just wish I could tap a "+" sign next to it to manually add it... such a feature is not available, right ?

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Btw, I'm having trouble with the keyboard remembering my nickname and such, it has never once suggested it, even tho I've written it numerous times, I just wish I could tap a "+" sign next to it to manually add it... such a feature is not available, right ?
You can make it remember Nischi without the 85 added but it won't mix letters and numbers I believe.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Dunno about you guys, but I've found WordFlow is getting less accurate as time goes by. When I started using it, it was great; like magic it knew what I wanted to write! But now I'm having to correct it and change the words a lot of the time, unless I'm just getting more lazy with my swiping :/

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there any official source available for the keyboard syncing somewhere ? I'd love to see it... :) Btw, I'm having trouble with the keyboard remembering my nickname and such, it has never once suggested it, even tho I've written it numerous times, I just wish I could tap a "+" sign next to it to manually add it... such a feature is not available, right ?

go to text messages and start sending swear words to yourself and adding news words with +. ive made the keyboard learn my usernames. Bits of my email and have fixed the 'Duck' and 'Birch' problem

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Dunno about you guys, but I've found WordFlow is getting less accurate as time goes by. When I started using it, it was great; like magic it knew what I wanted to write! But now I'm having to correct it and change the words a lot of the time, unless I'm just getting more lazy with my swiping :/
yeah, i find that swiping fast and loose tends to make the keyboard inaccurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium