xbox music complaints on wp 8.1

smogg9

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
first of all, im letting some steam out, but it doesnt change the fact that the app sucks.

its been a while since i intalled my dev preview of wp 8.1 on my lumia 920, and i know its a dev preview BUT, seriously, the music app SUCKS. its unbelievably bad. When i first read that microsoft was planning on updating the music app weekly or every two weeks, i told to myself ''okay, this is gonna get fixed soon'', but it hasnt, with every update it gets i think they are going to fix the performance, but they dont!

How can i use my phone to play music if every single time i try to open the music app, that MICROSOFT a multibillionaire company developed for its own platform, crashes 9 out of 10 times. i find myself looking for my music in the file explorer more often that not. HOW can a single developer make a more solid and stable app than microsoft?? and i refuse to buy one of those apps because playing music is something you take for granted on a ''smartphone'' nowadays, and this seems like an impossible task to accomplish with this crappy music player .'

Things like these i had for granted with my xperia but everytime i try to play my music on my windows phone i deeply regret the switch (cause of the music app and some other stuff not relevant to the topic).

Anyways, i want to know if im the only one in this situation, what you guys think about it? sorry if there's already other post about this.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've never had xbox music crash on 8.1, although other key apps have crashed before. Nokia Mix Radio is a much better music player app. It leaves some to be desired as far as performance speed goes, but at least it reads metadata tags correctly.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I've never had xbox music crash on 8.1, although other key apps have crashed before. Nokia Mix Radio is a much better music player app. It leaves some to be desired as far as performance speed goes, but at least it reads metadata tags correctly.

True, all my music is arranged properly and neatly, with all the album art, artist images and such. The only thing I would like to change is that the artists and songs take a bit of the time to load up completely. So I'm experiencing some performance issues. Also, they need to remove that stupid splash screen. It's very time consuming.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The last update made it significantly better. It still needs lots of work but it's actually usable now. I haven't seen a green screen of death yet since the latest update. BelFiore says they're not abandoning it and there's another big update coming, so I'd give it time. Just keep another app on standby or keep Xbox Music on standby until they get it corrected.

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
True, all my music is arranged properly and neatly, with all the album art, artist images and such.
I guess you got lucky with yours then. If for whatever reason I re-add a song I previously had on the phone, the album art will never show up again, no matter what I try (It only shows up the first time). It happens quite often to me because I have quite a few incomplete albums I plan on completing in the future, which will make all of their album art disappear (I've already got half of my album art missing). However, I suppose I'm going to have to live with it; at least it knows how to read track numbers, a feature that is sadly broken for most of my albums in the otherwise decent OneMusic app.

With that being said though, until the latest update, the music app wasn't even able to load my music at all (which is what prompted me to install OneMusic in the first place.) Let's face it, the file browser just isn't a good alternative, and OneMusic, which can read track numbers properly in its menu, will actually play my songs in an alphabetical arrangement (most annoying thing in the world, aside from my somewhat liberal use of brackets). Also, OneMusic seemed to like crashing on me quite a bit, even more than the Xbox Music app has. I've got my fingers crossed that the Xbox Music app won't break on me the same way again, which has happened before. Other major issue I'm experiencing now is that half of the time, the app freezes at the splash screen and I have to quit the app, which takes about ten very annoying seconds before I can even try reopening it.

Kind of a bummer, really. I was hoping that Microsoft would be able to sort this one out before 8.1 released to the public.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess you got lucky with yours then. If for whatever reason I re-add a song I previously had on the phone, the album art will never show up again, no matter what I try (It only shows up the first time). It happens quite often to me because I have quite a few incomplete albums I plan on completing in the future, which will make all of their album art disappear (I've already got half of my album art missing). However, I suppose I'm going to have to live with it; at least it knows how to read track numbers, a feature that is sadly broken for most of my albums in the otherwise decent OneMusic app.

With that being said though, until the latest update, the music app wasn't even able to load my music at all (which is what prompted me to install OneMusic in the first place.) Let's face it, the file browser just isn't a good alternative, and OneMusic, which can read track numbers properly in its menu, will actually play my songs in an alphabetical arrangement (most annoying thing in the world, aside from my somewhat liberal use of brackets). Also, OneMusic seemed to like crashing on me quite a bit, even more than the Xbox Music app has. I've got my fingers crossed that the Xbox Music app won't break on me the same way again, which has happened before. Other major issue I'm experiencing now is that half of the time, the app freezes at the splash screen and I have to quit the app, which takes about ten very annoying seconds before I can even try reopening it.

Kind of a bummer, really. I was hoping that Microsoft would be able to sort this one out before 8.1 released to the public.

Actually. i faced the same issue before. But then i found a quick fix, and that also, on these forums itself. I feel blessed. LOL.

Pradika

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
The app didnt let me stream a music bcause my region didnt support xbox service!

Also xbox video, no film or tv appeared, just blank!

Changing my xbox account region to US? Nothing happen...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss