Official Lockscreen app bugs

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I know all of us are experiencing glitches and bugs with the new LOCKSCREEN APP from MICROSOFT....As it is BETA ofcourse it will have...
I have come across this bug
when u slide the lockscreen up u have to enter the password so that your phone will be unlocked...
Try this u have your animation set ....then slide up to get the prompt for enter the password...the lock your phone..and then unlock your phone.... then observe the lockscreen...let us tell MS and they will fix when the final comes out

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I actually had my old lockscreen photo appear a couple of times when I went to unlock it. Also, I've found that removing all background choices (so you get a black and white lockscreen doesn't work - it insists on having at least one image there no matter what you try.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes the Dynamic Lock screen doesn't show on my L720. The default lock screen photo shows instead. And sometimes the password box splashes over the lock screen.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Even I experienced the bug when at times my old lock screen appears instead of the live lock screen. No idea what kind of testing has been done for the app.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Well it is in beta as we know, so a few niggles are bound to crop up here and there. If this were happening and it wasn't released as beta - that's whole pot of fish entirely.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
All the notification icons are just stars, not the actual unique icons depending on the app so it's hard say to which app the notification actually is for.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
All the notification icons are just stars, not the actual unique icons depending on the app so it's hard say to which app the notification actually is for.

I think they're just a placeholders for the time being. Final release (or later beta revisions) would most likely see icons there instead.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
If live lock screen is on, then Nokia Software Recovery tool is not able to read the phone. I am not sure, though.
Although this isn't a major issue, but should be brought to notice.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It made my phone crash when I did a soft reset. My memory card got corrupted, it needed a scan The action centre buttons disappeared.
And the most weird thing was that there was no password box to unlock my phone. Somehow the default lock screen came to rescue. And then the app never opened, had to reinstall.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I faced a serious bug just now. As a set the lock screen, and then locked my phone, on double tapping it, it showed me the screen, after about 5sec delay. When I swiped up, I saw that my password screen wasn't showing up. Instead, it was showing half part of the start screen. So, now I couldn't open my phone in any way. I panicked and restarted my phone, hoping it would get fixed. And surprisingly it did! But now I'm to scared to use it again. What if it happens again and I've no other option but to reset my phone. I can't take the risk.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Remember this is a beta app - issues *will* crop up. If you want to play it safe then you would be better waiting until the final release. Using beta software means "I accept that this app/program can and will cause issues and anything that happens is my own fault, and no amount of blaming the dev will fix that." If however, that sort of issue comes up in the final release then you have every right to complain to the devs in question. By using test/beta software you are helping find such bugs so they don't appear in the final release.

Golden rule of beta/preview/test software: Don't use on live hardware. If you're not willing to accept the above and its consequences, don't use it - wait for the final release.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Golden rule of beta/preview/test software: Don't use on live hardware. If you're not willing to accept the above and its consequences, don't use it - wait for the final release.

Everyone one knows beta is filled with bugs and they aren't complaining they are just finding them....
You have misunderstood we are just quoting the bugs that are there in the beta app so that MS can patch the bugs at a faster rate...And by the way MS released the app so that we testers can address them the bugs...

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's another bug:

I installed the app, used it, didn't really like it, and uninstalled it. Now, everytime I turn the phone on I get 'resuming' message and it takes a second or two to show my previous lockscreen. Once it even resumed with the default factory reset lockscreen. I restarted the phone (soft reset) with the same result.

It's a little annoying; I hope after an eventual factory reset it'll clear up.

FOLLOW-UP: Reinstalling the app stops the 'resuming' message. Hopefully they'll clean up the uninstall process in a new version.

SOLUTION: I found the solution in this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/298848.htm

Last edited:

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand it got bugs. But such basic issue as not showing notification icons? And its showing stars instead? What the hell ?

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I understand it got bugs. But such basic issue as not showing notification icons? And its showing stars instead? What the hell ?
Can u post a screenshot of it .....I have got normal icons showing on the lockscreen whenever there are notifications...

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It would have been a better experience if the password box was not hidden behind the lock screen. It should come attached to the lock screen just like the default lock screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb