Tell me a single way to do FB on WP 8.1 effectively!!

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So much frustrated with this. The Facebook beta app never shows me posts from my friends. And browsing through IE just shows half part of the pictures. At least on 8.0, I could use people hub. It's so frustrating to have a smartphone on which you can't browse Facebook..

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So much frustrated with this. The Facebook beta app never shows me posts from my friends. And browsing through IE just shows half part of the pictures. At least on 8.0, I could use people hub. It's so frustrating to have a smartphone on which you can't browse Facebook..

Hi,
If Facebook/FB beta app doesn't work for you then use other browsers for facebook like UC, surfy or Maxthon.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Using JDB. But, don't want to use 2 apps for the same thing. Why can't the official app pull all the news like JDB and why can't IE show full images. Same with UC and Surfy. Surprisingly, m.facebook.com on Android doesn't have the image scaling problem.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
1) I would see if you can get 8.1. I had similar issues, but having 8.1 seems to help significantly.
2) Microsoft has said they are going stop integrating the People Hub w FB. I would suggest getting off that method.
3) I would agree with you that the current FB app is still missing some features, but not seeing ALL your posts from friends might have something to do with the security settings on your FB account. Keep in mind that the FB app is not actually an FB product. It is Microsoft and such, a 3rd party app that needs permissions from your FB account to be useful.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The current facebooks apps are decent but I had better luck creating a shortcut to the website on the start screen. The apps definitely feel better than they did a few months ago though.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
1) I would see if you can get 8.1. I had similar issues, but having 8.1 seems to help significantly.
2) Microsoft has said they are going stop integrating the People Hub w FB. I would suggest getting off that method.
3) I would agree with you that the current FB app is still missing some features, but not seeing ALL your posts from friends might have something to do with the security settings on your FB account. Keep in mind that the FB app is not actually an FB product. It is Microsoft and such, a 3rd party app that needs permissions from your FB account to be useful.

I'm already on 8.1 dev preview and now IE doesn't scale the pictures on FB properly. It shows only half of it. And I can see posts from very few friends on the official app, which is not enough. Simply running app and IE side by side, IE shows different and better news while the app shows all the crap news. Anyway, what setting are you talking about? Cause I tried almost all settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa