Can't add new keyboard?

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
GF got a new//replacement Lumia 920, I upgraded it through Dev Preview as I've done plenty of times before to get it to 8.1. The phone is default in US English, US region with US English keyboard, I tried to add another input language (Chinese, Japanese) through Setting>Keyboard>add new keyboard, but once I select the keyboard I want to add, it just shows "prepare to download..." underneath the keyboard name, and stay that way for hours without any change. Needless to say no new keyboard is added.

I've never encountered this issue before as my phone had different keyboard added while it was 8.0, and so upgrading to 8.1 didn't change anything in terms of input languages. But as I tried to test it out by adding another keyboard to my own phone, it appears that if I choose a keyboard with a file size next to it (like 3MB, 11 MB, etc) the same thing happens.

Is this a common issue or some kind of rare bug? Is there a fix for this? Thanks everyone for the help!

PS. already tried turning the phone off and on, and tried soft-reset.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Its a common problem, I had it, you just need to wait 1~2 days and a notification will pop out and ask you if you want to install the Japanese keyboard.

Myrkur

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem, although in my case it says that 'the text suggestions update for this keyboard didn't download successfully.' Bing isn't very hepful with the matter (I changed language and region, to no avail). Any ideas?

epilefnalber

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here, lumia 920, i just updated to GDR1 a few days ago and last night tried to add Spanish Keyboard text suggestions and got this message saying that the update didn't download succesully

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett