Software recovery tool failure

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Uk O2 Lumia 720 running 8.1 DP (NO Update 1)

Cyan is available now on o2, tried to downgrade to 8.0 using NSRT 1.4.3
installed Pc software no issues, phone detected, appropriate files downloaded automatically by NSRT
Fails to install, hold down power and vol down until vibrate then click yes to try to recover phone, tried 6 times same issue ??
unplugged phone after selecting cancel and phone actually came back to life as it was prior to trying thank goodness

any advice or workarounds you guys know off ??

just tried again and watched closer this time to the Pc software, seems the DL phone files are failing to be written to the phone, just sits at 0% and then throws the error up, very annoying as it seems in my case 8.1DP is stopping writing to internal ROM

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re-installed the pc software
re ran the NSRT, file began installing but at 1% the process failed.... phone was bricked !!

tried every method known to the internet to get it to re power but it remained completely dead

phone now at repair shop

If i hadnt tried 8.1DP i would not have had this issue

Most definitely will NOT be testing again for MS.. what a pain

courtz07

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ran into the same original problem, It seems the firewall was blocking it, after disabling the firewall the install worked perfectly. Sorry to hear it damaged your phone!

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Reverting to a previous OS using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool is risky; your phone is wiped clean until the OS installs. I can't believe I see so many people doing it, as if it's nothing. I think people have got a little carried away. Cyan isn't worth the hassle, just wait for Microsoft to fix the BitLocker issue.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Reverting to a previous OS using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool is risky; your phone is wiped clean until the OS installs. I can't believe I see so many people doing it, as if it's nothing. I think people have got a little carried away. Cyan isn't worth the hassle, just wait for Microsoft to fix the BitLocker issue.

I don't mind issues nick, I expect issues, I'm happy to give feedback and test informaly, what I am not happy about is the inability to revert with the correct tools, when the official release becomes available then I expect to be able to install it, there is a major issue with 8.1 which Ms claim is bitlocker related, i have never seen a single comment anywhere on the net from anyone suffering problems with microsofts claimed bitlocker issues but i do see and have experienced issues with 8.1 reversions from many different users using many different devices
My personal conclusion is bitlocker is bull, 8.1 for preview is flawed and can damage devices

Cyan in itself is a small update but goes towards a stable device coupled with the official 8.1 update, after 8.1 dp it is what all users want, we tested, we helped and now if available we want to install, not too much to ask considering the help dp users gave to ms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb