Storage Issues on L920

Mechuna

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Has anyone else been having issues with their phone storage since the update? I first had this problem during the initial release in April but it got considerably worse with GDR1. Since GDR1, I began losing gigabytes of storage on a daily basis even though I never added anything of that much value. I became convinced this was an abnormal problem when I started deleting files time and time again only to find the problem persist after a short while.

I'm not sure if this has to do with the update or if it's a bug specific to my phone or an app I have on my phone. The problem has been getting worse on a daily basis now and I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue by quickly glancing at the L920 & WP8.1 forums. Help!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Delete you IE history and look into the files on your phone using the Files app. That's all I can recommend to you at the moment.

Then, soft reset to try and make sure the problem is all but cleared up.

Mechuna

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite OCD about clearing my browsing history so that definitely wasn't the problem. And Files doesn't show any excess items. The soft reset did help but only somewhat. Basically, it added approximately another 250MB but the problem resumed after a short while and now it's plateauing at a shaky 100-150MB. Suffice it to say, this seems like a very unique problem without an obvious solution (beyond unjustifiably deleting half the stuff on my phone) but I've decided to simply ignore it as I've already started to move on to a Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel