09-26-2014 09:44 AM
54 123
tools
    Joe Belfiore explained on Twitter few days ago that Cyan for DP needs a different firmware for each phone, it should come soon, and maybe with Denim included

Fingers crossed
    09-12-2014 06:36 AM
    Joe Belfiore explained on Twitter few days ago that Cyan for DP needs a different firmware for each phone, it should come soon, and maybe with Denim included

Fingers crossed
    Denim included? Who started that? Never will happen.
    The firmware is already different for each phone. There is nothing new about that.
    Give a link to quote Joe.
    09-12-2014 06:57 AM
    I'm not sure where the "Cyan rolled in with Denim" stuff is coming from, but Joe Belfiore did confirm yesterday on Twitter that Cyan is no longer blocked on the DP. If you're not getting Cyan, the DP is not the problem.
    TheMiseryOfMe and aximtreo like this.
    09-12-2014 07:15 AM
    I read Joe's twitter post and it didn't really make much sense to me given that Microsoft themselves suspended the update for Lumia DP users.

This is why I'm seeking clarification from someone else.
    09-12-2014 07:29 AM
    Did installing Cyan on DP 8.1.1 require a hard reset?
    I didn't hard or soft reset my phone. But I also decided to start fresh, so I didn't restore the backup when the update was finished. It doesn't require a reset, as the Recovery Tool did all the job, but it will erase your data anyway. I also had to install the latest version of 8.1 DP once Cyan installation was finished, but nothing was lost.
    09-12-2014 11:20 AM
    I'm not sure where the "Cyan rolled in with Denim" stuff is coming from, but Joe Belfiore did confirm yesterday on Twitter that Cyan is no longer blocked on the DP. If you're not getting Cyan, the DP is not the problem.
    Wrong, Joe only said that Cyan is not blocked but just needs time to be prepared for each phone,
    Joe said "Cyan isn't blocked for dev preview. Cyan is hw-specific firmware, built individually for each device."

We didn't get Cyan because of Bit locker, but it is taking so long, half of september, so i am just guessing they won't release 2 firmware update in 1 month :-/

Also i tried to reverse to cyan and then update to GDR1 bu i got nothing, i m on O2 64GB 1020 unbranded to French CV

It's so long wait, i tried cyan and looked very nice but i reverted to Black with GDR1 because i can't be without Live Folders anymore
    09-12-2014 01:11 PM
    It's so long wait, i tried cyan and looked very nice but i reverted to Black with GDR1 because i can't be without Live Folders anymore
    You can have Cyan and Live Folders. After you use the Nokia tool to get Cyan, just use the3 "Preview for Developers" app to enrol yourself in the program again (just tick the box as before and press "Done"). Check for updates and you will get GDR1.
    09-12-2014 01:29 PM
    You can have Cyan and Live Folders. After you use the Nokia tool to get Cyan, just use the3 "Preview for Developers" app to enrol yourself in the program again (just tick the box as before and press "Done"). Check for updates and you will get GDR1.
    That's exactly what i did yesterday but with no success :-/ i was blocked on original Cyan

For me GDR1 is really stable, just the battery is a problem, i received a new battery today, i will see after testing Cyan if i change it
    09-12-2014 01:35 PM
    Strange, i was able to update with another 1020 32GB from HK unbranded to French CV !!
    Last edited by lephilou; 09-13-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    09-13-2014 06:34 AM
    That's the information I was looking for, supposedly the Cyan update is out for the 520 on EE in the UK but whenever I check for updates it says I'm up to date and I'm definitely still on black, so I naturally assumed that they were still block the update on DP
    09-13-2014 09:59 AM
    That's exactly what i did yesterday but with no success :-/ i was blocked on original Cyan

For me GDR1 is really stable, just the battery is a problem, i received a new battery today, i will see after testing Cyan if i change it
    Retried from scratch and updating without problem!!
    09-13-2014 12:25 PM
    News back from the WP team (Eli A, who posts here occasionally)

The Cyan update will continue to move forward shortly. I don't have much information I can share right now, but rest assured it will be moving forward shortly. :)
    At least this means that there's no overwhelming problem that has halted production.
    Skynetz and HaibaneReki like this.
    09-16-2014 01:47 AM
    I have given in and downgraded and fecked off DP. Now enjoying cyan. What a mess Microsoft :(

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    09-16-2014 02:37 AM
    I was kinda upset of still not getting Cyan on my L920 PD. So I encouraged myself and downloaded that nokia recovery tool and after connecting the phone the app downloaded and installed cyan immediately without downgrading to 8.0, finally i got the cyan easily than I expected.
    09-16-2014 05:29 AM
    News back from the WP team (Eli A, who posts here occasionally)

At least this means that there's no overwhelming problem that has halted production.
    I really hope it will be soon, better if this week.
    09-16-2014 05:39 AM
    I was kinda upset of still not getting Cyan on my L920 PD. So I encouraged myself and downloaded that nokia recovery tool and after connecting the phone the app downloaded and installed cyan immediately without downgrading to 8.0, finally i got the cyan easily than I expected.
    Yes, but you still lost all data probably.
    09-16-2014 05:40 AM
    Yes, but you still lost all data probably.
    Why? If you create a backup before using the Nokia tool, you can restore it after the phone is updated. Worked just fine for me.
    09-16-2014 06:00 AM
    Why? If you create a backup before using the Nokia tool, you can restore it after the phone is updated. Worked just fine for me.
    You forgot that app data is not included in the backup, so you lost all save games and stuff.
    09-16-2014 06:06 AM
    You forgot that app data is not included in the backup, so you lost all save games and stuff.
    And you're forgetting that the Nokia tool is currently at WP8.1. So, people use DfP to upgrade to WP8.1, run their backup and then restore the backup afterwards. WP8.1 does handle app data. May not be all of it, but a good proportion.
    09-16-2014 07:20 AM
    And you're forgetting that the Nokia tool is currently at WP8.1. So, people use DfP to upgrade to WP8.1, run their backup and then restore the backup afterwards. WP8.1 does handle app data. May not be all of it, but a good proportion.
    As said, you lose App data, Saved game states and all Wifi entries with this kind of process.
    The Windows Phone "backup" is not really cool, it doesn't backup these kind of stuff.

Windows development API offer "storing app/game data in the cloud" but a big number of Applications do not do that.
    It depend how it was developed.

For me, losing all my Wifi keys is not an option..
    With Android, the backup/restore process save/restore all my Wifi keys.
    All sync in the cloud.

Wake up Microsoft!
    09-16-2014 09:08 PM
    You know what would be really cool is if there were a news website that could find out this type of information on behalf of the plethora of users who request it every...oh, wait...
    I actually sent an e-mail the editor at WP Central, got no response. I agree, you'd think they could use their journalist resources to help us get these questions answered. frustrating!
    09-19-2014 12:35 PM
    went through the NokiaSRTool on Friday, now enjoying Cyan. Got updated straight to Cyan with no downgrade. Reactivated developer preview. Got 2 mo Gigs of freed up storage, lag free, some apps stopped misbehaving..

I say it's worth the factory reset.
    09-22-2014 03:24 AM
    using the nokia tool for my Lumia Icon won't give me Cyan. currently running windows phone 8.1 update DP 8.10.14176.243

any ideas people?
    09-25-2014 03:31 PM
    Lumia 1520 DP Slowenia, cyan YES.Finaly
    09-25-2014 03:33 PM
    Lumia 1520 DP Slowenia, cyan YES.Finaly
    I'm from Slovenia too and no Cyan for me (920).
    09-25-2014 06:12 PM
54 123