Any news on the Cyan update for WP 8.1 DP

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was kinda upset of still not getting Cyan on my L920 PD. So I encouraged myself and downloaded that nokia recovery tool and after connecting the phone the app downloaded and installed cyan immediately without downgrading to 8.0, finally i got the cyan easily than I expected.

Yes, but you still lost all data probably.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You forgot that app data is not included in the backup, so you lost all save games and stuff.

And you're forgetting that the Nokia tool is currently at WP8.1. So, people use DfP to upgrade to WP8.1, run their backup and then restore the backup afterwards. WP8.1 does handle app data. May not be all of it, but a good proportion.

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
And you're forgetting that the Nokia tool is currently at WP8.1. So, people use DfP to upgrade to WP8.1, run their backup and then restore the backup afterwards. WP8.1 does handle app data. May not be all of it, but a good proportion.

As said, you lose App data, Saved game states and all Wifi entries with this kind of process.
The Windows Phone "backup" is not really cool, it doesn't backup these kind of stuff.

Windows development API offer "storing app/game data in the cloud" but a big number of Applications do not do that.
It depend how it was developed.

For me, losing all my Wifi keys is not an option..
With Android, the backup/restore process save/restore all my Wifi keys.
All sync in the cloud.

Wake up Microsoft!

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You know what would be really cool is if there were a news website that could find out this type of information on behalf of the plethora of users who request it every...oh, wait...:unhappysweat:

I actually sent an e-mail the editor at WP Central, got no response. I agree, you'd think they could use their journalist resources to help us get these questions answered. frustrating! :angry:

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
went through the NokiaSRTool on Friday, now enjoying Cyan. Got updated straight to Cyan with no downgrade. Reactivated developer preview. Got 2 mo Gigs of freed up storage, lag free, some apps stopped misbehaving..

I say it's worth the factory reset.

SoapBox3000

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
using the nokia tool for my Lumia Icon won't give me Cyan. currently running windows phone 8.1 update DP 8.10.14176.243

any ideas people?

martinerous

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
In their blog, Microsoft promises to add more devices "over the coming weeks", whatever it means.

No Cyan yet on my Lumia 920 with DP 8.1 Update 1 for Latvia (EU) country variant (no carrier lock). But the phone initially was from Saudi Arabia for Mobily carrier, so who knows, when Cyan will come to me... although oficially it is available in both Saudi Arabia and Latvia, but I guess that DP thing will delay it, and I don't want to reflash to 8, upgrade to Cyan and then DP again - too much work :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos