Is the Cyan update ever coming to the 8.1 dp???

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
i'm going to downgrade next Wednesday, I want to ask about the size of the files + backup process freezing at 99% !!!!!

You dont want to downgrade. NSRT will directly install Cyan..?
What is your Device - Update size vary according to devices. In the range of 1.5GB to 2.3GB.
Do a reset. Volume Down + power
Its not a matter. Check the last backup date..
backup the media files to System

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Managed to download only to find the tool not recognizing my phone.
After half an hour of plug out plug in, it finally managed to recognize my phone and then.... error

I didn't bother to look up for the error. To be honest, I'm fed up with this. I love Windows Phone and I love my Lumia, and while I am not changing phone for the next 2 years or so.... I sometimes wonder if I'll stick to Windows. Seriously, the microUSB issue with the 1020s, the eternal wait for official 8.1 and the Cyan not coming to all phones is a real crappy situation.

I envy my girlfriend because she received on her iPhone the update the very VERY same day everyone else did... and Microsoft is much of a bigger company than Apple, should have more power to influence this things worldwide :/

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Managed to download only to find the tool not recognizing my phone.
After half an hour of plug out plug in, it finally managed to recognize my phone and then.... error

I didn't bother to look up for the error. To be honest, I'm fed up with this. I love Windows Phone and I love my Lumia, and while I am not changing phone for the next 2 years or so.... I sometimes wonder if I'll stick to Windows. Seriously, the microUSB issue with the 1020s, the eternal wait for official 8.1 and the Cyan not coming to all phones is a real crappy situation.

I envy my girlfriend because she received on her iPhone the update the very VERY same day everyone else did... and Microsoft is much of a bigger company than Apple, should have more power to influence this things worldwide :/

What Error do you get while using NSRT...
try with a different USB hub

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Tried 4 different laptops, tried several different ports. the only one where it kinda works is the laptop from work. And it works only in 1 port. USB1.0
Install finally started, it got stuck at 0% and the error 0x80131500. I logged as administrator, disabled the firewall and the antivirus and all I get is a black screen with a NOKIA logo on it bigger than the one you get when the phone is restarting.
Seriously, what the heck?

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Tried 4 different laptops, tried several different ports. the only one where it kinda works is the laptop from work. And it works only in 1 port. USB1.0
Install finally started, it got stuck at 0% and the error 0x80131500. I logged as administrator, disabled the firewall and the antivirus and all I get is a black screen with a NOKIA logo on it bigger than the one you get when the phone is restarting.
Seriously, what the heck?

That is imaging the downloaded OS to your Phone.. Be patient till it completes..
Be sure you dont unplug your phone while installing..
Regarding USB ports..
Plug your WP
Goto to Device manager. Remove/Unistall all the WP devices drives..
Restart the system. Then again connect your Lumia
Let the system identify the device and install the driver automatically.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, it finally worked. I don't know what made it work: my anger, my frustration, constant plugin-out, ruinous powers of eldritch gods, all the softeware I installed... I don't know... but here goes what I did:

1. I installed the NSRT
  2. Downloaded the update
  3. Download restarted like 5 times
  4. I cursed every time, I am pretty sure the last "Oh F you!" was the one that made it work, it was uttered with complete contempt. You should practice in the mirror
  5. Started to install and then, is just blew in my face saying I had to connect the phone.
  6. Phone was not recognized in any computer
  7. After caressing the phone, insulting it, saying I was sorry, crying, yelling at him how a POS it was, then telling him again I was sorry... the computer recognized it.
  8. Install of new firmware failed again and again and again and again and again
  9. Went to a corner to cry (Like a boss)
  10. Logged off and on as Administrator (remember is the laptop from the office... we're not supposed to log as Admin) turned off antivirus and firewall
  11. Tried again and failed again
  12. Went to Bing
  13. Found someone saying I needed to install the Nokia Software Update 4.1.0, I found nothing by that exact name but I did found the Nokia suite... which did not recognize mi phone.
  14. Yelled at the phone and computer again.
  15. Tried "One last time", this time something happened. You see, when you start to install, the phone goes all Black with a NOKIA logo bigger than usual, at that point, it "disconnects from the computer" and the error I got was that I had no phone connected. BUT THIS TIME, when it disconnected, a popup balloon appeared saying the USB device was successfully installed... still the install of the update failed.
  16. Anyways, I tried one last "Last time" and all of a sudden, my phone screen went from the all black screen with nokia logo to an all red screen with nokia logo and a progress bar.
  17. 15 minutes later, I had cyan.
  18. I sacrificed 10 cookies to the great Cthulhu as a token of gratitude.
  19. End

So, as you can see... it was a mess, but in the end it worked. I guess the keypoints are:
Patience
Log as admin
Disable antivirus and firewall
and Install Nokia Suite just because

Well, I hope some ot this helps someone.

http://1drv.ms/1qnf3gA (Screenshot)

Last edited:

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Exactly u need patience.. When u use NSRT its a fresh install of OS..
So the update size to be downloaded will be very big. vary from 1.5gb to 2.5 gb each devices size vary.
So it may consume time.
When you are downloading the update you are supposed to connect the phone to the system.
When you disconnect while downloading it shows error.

Its just an easy process.. All u need is a system with stable usb ports, speed internet connection.
Its just a matter of 45 minutes. (for high speed net connection)
Downloading time vary according to speed.

Anyhow u have managed to download the update and install it..

Duduosf

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've done the same process on my 925. I have Cyan update now, but I don't have its features somehow. Not to mention I am not in Update 1 anymore (I'm unable to create folders). The firmware version is 3051.50009.1424.0001. What now?? Please help, guys!

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Same happened to me Dud. Did you have DP before Cyan?

I was like "dafuq! I sacrificed all those cookies for nothing!" Turns out the update one was not released in my country or something like that... so, followin my gut instinct I did this:
Checked the Developer Preview app... and found out I was not signed for it. I applied again and BAMF! Win 8.1.1 in my phone... of course, in DP mode.

Remember this: Cyan is the phone firmware, is not directly related to the OS updates. :)

Duduosf

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I'm jumping to the DP again, since my 925 is so much smoother now. Don't of it's the OS or Cyan (although I very much miss the folders!). Speaking of which, although I have Cyan, I don't seem to have its features: Living images, brightness slider, etc. Do you happen to know why that is?

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I've done the same process on my 925. I have Cyan update now, but I don't have its features somehow. Not to mention I am not in Update 1 anymore (I'm unable to create folders). The firmware version is 3051.50009.1424.0001. What now?? Please help, guys!

Live Folders comes with Update 1 (Lumia Denim)
if u want it now you can go for PFD activation
Live folder is a feature coming with update 1.
Regarding Living images, brightness slider many are facing the same issue in L925

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Jithin, not sure if you are correct in this statement
Live Folders comes with Update 1 (Lumia Denim)

As far as I Know, Denim is a firmware update, Live Folders is a feature of the OS. I might be wrong since I see the features listed as "what you can expect from the Lumia Denim Update" in the nokia site Full of features: Lumia Denim Update - Conversations BUT, as we have experienced, Live Folders come with the 8.1.1 update and not with denim

What I think this might actually imply, is that once you update to Denim, your phone will automatically update to 8.1.1 (that's if you are not enrolled in the PFD)... but the features we have on the PFD are exclusive to the OS and not to the firmware (well, that's what I think at least)

Duduosf said:
my 925 is so much smoother now
Really? O__o When I saw the lack of live folders, I panicked and installed PFD right away, didn't give the phone a test drive. Damn... oh well, you win some and you lose some haha :)

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Jithin, not sure if you are correct in this statement

As far as I Know, Denim is a firmware update, Live Folders is a feature of the OS. I might be wrong since I see the features listed as "what you can expect from the Lumia Denim Update" in the nokia site Full of features: Lumia Denim Update - Conversations BUT, as we have experienced, Live Folders come with the 8.1.1 update and not with denim

What I think this might actually imply, is that once you update to Denim, your phone will automatically update to 8.1.1 (that's if you are not enrolled in the PFD)... but the features we have on the PFD are exclusive to the OS and not to the firmware (well, that's what I think at least)

Really? O__o When I saw the lack of live folders, I panicked and installed PFD right away, didn't give the phone a test drive. Damn... oh well, you win some and you lose some haha :)

Yes it comes with Lumia Denim (WP8.1 Update 1)
If you are a Non-DP User then you can get this feature only in Denim.
If you are enrolled for PFD u can get the preview now.. Its not the official update.
Lumia Denim is the official update for update 1 (i.e Denim includes Update 1 OS update & Denim Firmware update)

Duduosf

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes it comes with Lumia Denim (WP8.1 Update 1)
If you are a Non-DP User then you can get this feature only in Denim.
If you are enrolled for PFD u can get the preview now.. Its not the official update.
Lumia Denim is the official update for update 1 (i.e Denim includes Update 1 OS update & Denim Firmware update)

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. I believe 930 users can attest they got the folders after Update 1, and Denim is still to arrive fit the 930. Denim will bring performance improvements alongside camera improvements for the flagship devices (930, 1520, Icon). Also, I believe the 830/730/735 comes with Update 2 out of the box, right? Or am I dreaming here?

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. I believe 930 users can attest they got the folders after Update 1, and Denim is still to arrive fit the 930. Denim will bring performance improvements alongside camera improvements for the flagship devices (930, 1520, Icon). Also, I believe the 830/730/735 comes with Update 2 out of the box, right? Or am I dreaming here?

In the Case of 930 you are Correct. Lumia 930 with Non-DP devices have received update 1. But still they are in cyan only.
i.e if you own a Lumia 930 and if you are on DP & also on Non-DP your OS Version will get bumped to 8.10.14157.200. ( L930 is a new device to market and now its the flagship phone, so have gave them some early update)

Lumia 830/730/735 is shipped with Lumia Denim i.e Update 1 not Update 2
Update 2 is only being RTMed and PFD devices may get it in the second week of October
830/730/735 will be available in the market from October 2. Pre-order has started in many markets.

sandflo

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I received mine Today for Lumia 920 german CV. I opted out of the DP program because I wasn't sure if the newest update that was announced for the DP program will be needed for or will make Cyan impossible. Turned out it is not needed. At least for me. So I had DP 8.1.1 and now have Cyan. Os build is 8.10.14157.200

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss