HTC 8X on Verizon. Ever since last week, my camera has been unable to open. It just shows me a loading . . . screen and then kicks me back to my Start Screen. I haven't downloaded any applications recently, and my usage habits have stayed the same. What could be the issue, and how can I resolve it? I am running the 8.1 DP, and I feel as if this might be the problem.
    09-14-2014 08:55 PM
    I've seen a number of people reporting that their cameras are disabled after updating to DP, mostly the 1020 which is annoying since the camera is its most amazing feature. This is the first time however that I've seen someone post a disabled camera on an HTC phone running DP.

Were you able to use your camera earlier while on DP? If yes, you might want to reset your phone, as probably something may have gone wrong with the software. If that doesn't fix it, I suggest you wait for a firmware update on your phone, though I don't know when they would -if they would- release one. Most of the camera disabled Lumias restored that function after they got Cyan.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    09-15-2014 12:10 AM
    Yea it was just last week that I was able to use the camera and apps like 6snap. Issue is that I'm at a college that uses a Wifi that doesn't support Windows Phone, so i unfortunately can't backup and restore while here. Oh, the struggle . . .
    09-15-2014 12:47 AM
    Same problem with my 920 :(
    09-25-2014 04:20 PM
    same problem after cyan update my camera on 920 crash always and nothing u can do with this ,even if u will fully reset your wp
    09-25-2014 05:48 PM
    AFAIK there is no SW solution for this problem, when you downgrade to 8.0 your main camera will work, but front cam wont. If you upgrade to 8.1 again, none of the cameras will work. I took my phone (still under warranty) to nokia care and they gave me a new one.
    09-26-2014 04:22 AM
    Before the update, bing translator app was not able to use the camera, throwing an error. In my case, it works correctly again after the latest update... I have a Lumia 925.
    09-26-2014 06:40 AM
    I've seen a number of people reporting that their cameras are disabled after updating to DP, mostly the 1020 which is annoying since the camera is its most amazing feature. This is the first time however that I've seen someone post a disabled camera on an HTC phone running DP.

Were you able to use your camera earlier while on DP? If yes, you might want to reset your phone, as probably something may have gone wrong with the software. If that doesn't fix it, I suggest you wait for a firmware update on your phone, though I don't know when they would -if they would- release one. Most of the camera disabled Lumias restored that function after they got Cyan.
    I've never used the DevPreview on the 1020, but I had a bug similar to what is described here, since Black. Sometimes, the shutter will remain open, "saving...." forever. No there app can use the camera, restart required.

We have been many 1020 users to report this and apparently, the Twitter app (official) one triggers that bug. I've removed Twitter and the frequency of the bug (which was sometimes daily) has drastically dropped. You may want to see if removing the Twitter app (if you have it) helps also in your case.
    09-26-2014 06:47 AM