Huawei W1: Where is 8.1 update? #September 2014

Diogo Filipe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Since May that the update to Windows Phone 8.1 was removed from Huawei W1. At the time it was said by Eli A. that the update would be available again in future, but it's been four months and there aren't any news, information or 8.1 update to W1 devices. Once Huawei abandoned the system, I wonder if Microsoft will continue to support these devices and if we will finally have the right to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1. People that bought Huawei W1 before April were able to update at the time (April & May) to 8.1, but then the update was retired. For those who bought the phone after that, they have the same rights, right?. I expect an honest answer from you. Thank you.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Honest answer is, Microsoft can provide you with OS updates via the dev preview but any official update will depend on Huawei and as they are no longer making WP devices I'd say the chances of that are very slim. So I would say, install the dev preview and never buy a WP device from Huawei again.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have the preview for developers installed. The problem is Microsoft suspended 8.1 updates for Huawei W1. :|

Well youre already on the right track and hopefully Microsoft will resume the updates at some point. I would guess by the time the preview of the next major version of the OS is released you should have a better idea of where things stand and maybe a move to another OEM would be an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786