apps not working after latest update

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
On HTC 8X. Just updated to OS version 8.10.14176.243. Now when i try to open any app, like Pandora, facebook, etc., I get an error that says "There's a problem with app. First try to buy the app. If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again."

Anyone else have this issue? It has made my phone pretty much useless now.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
On HTC 8X. Just updated to OS version 8.10.14176.243. Now when i try to open any app, like Pandora, facebook, etc., I get an error that says "There's a problem with app. First try to buy the app. If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again."

... It has made my phone pretty much useless now.

WHY ?
Simply uninstall & reinstall the apps ... either on your phone, or push from the Windows Phone Marketplace on your PC. If you posted 35 minutes ago, you could be whole by now.

My question would be ...
are you sure you went thru the COMPLETE restore procedure, after you updated (there are ~~ 21 steps), then you reboot, again?

The backup / restore with an update appears to work VERY well, almost like an image ... but, you have to let it run it's course (be patient), after update.

Last edited:

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried reinstalling apps. Didn't help.

What restore procedure are you talking about? I didn't do any restore. Just did the update, let the phone do its thing. Came back to use it and found all apps unusable with the error.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Try, in this order:
Uninstall all the non-functioning apps
Soft reset the device
Install the most important & check for functionality
IF IT WORKS, continue ...
IF IT does NOT work, hard reset your phone, then
Install the most important & check for functionality

GOOD LUCK

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'm gonna have to hard reset the phone. Gotta get pics off first. Can't upload them to OneDrive as the app isn't working.

Can't believe no one else has ran into this. I'll report back on if the hard reset works.

RJT_72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Getting the exact same thing after update (HTC 8x). Soft reset no good. Uninstall reinstall no good. Will sit by the sidelines until you clever folks can suggest something. Hesitant to do hard reset. Thanks.

Didier3001

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Once the latest update has been installed you need to give some time to Windows to check all the Apps. Only after that check, your apps will start working.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The hard reset just finished. I was able to do a restore and my apps are currently downloading in the background. I've checked the couple that are finished and they appear to be working.

Also, it appears the phone restore put the phone back to the version I had previously updated to when the issue started. So not sure what happened.

If this happened to you as well, make sure to get all of your pics off of the phone as I don't believe those will be restored.

RJT_72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for being the guinea pig on this. Sounds as though its not an ideal thing but a hard reset does fix things. I would be willing to reload my apps if need be. It's been a real pain without their use. Just starting a new job so I didn't want to do a hard reset as I must have a reliable phone. So again thanks. I know the info is out there but can u tell me the steps u took to do the hard reset? Settings, About, Reset Phone? thx

Last edited:

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I just did the Settings > About > Reset phone. It'll ask you a couple times if your sure. Then you'll get the gears for a while. Once it's done, it starts fresh like it just came out of the box. After I entered my microsoft account info, it asked me if I wanted to do a restore. I chose yes and it spun for a while and then automatically placed all my icons, etc. where they were supposed to be. All of my apps were automatically reinstalled in the background as long as I was connected to WiFi. The icons remained shaded until the app was actually installed.

Was pretty painless actually. Just remember to get any photos or videos off of the phone that you want to save. They are not restored.

The only issue I had after the restore was with Facebook Beta. I had to uninstall and then reinstall it. Not sure what the issue was but it wouldn't open or let my link my contacts. Reinstalling did the trick for that. Now I'm back to where I was before minus the pics. But I have all of them on OneDrive anyways, so I can still get access to them on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb