WP 8.1 Preview Removal

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I want to have just the regular WP8.1 instead of being on the 8.1 Preview. Now that 8.1 is out, do I need to do anything to get off of the Preview? Uninstall anything? Reset my phone? I have been really busy and haven't been able to keep up to date on WP stuff like I used to. Could use a few pointers on how to be on the regular 8.1 software for my 1020.

Thanks all!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
First, you need to open the Preview for Developers App, and uncheck the box. Then, you may need to downgrade your OS.

The only way to return to a commercial non DP version of the OS is by downgrading the phone through the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. However, before doing so (which erases all your data from your phone), you may want to check that you are indeed running a version which is not available to those who are not under the developer preview program (since you mentioned that you have not been able to keep yourself up to date with WP, and may have not updated to the latest DP versions). Check that your OS version is not newer than what is posted in the Windows Phone 8 Update History page. If it is, then you have a newer DP version and you can downgrade. However, if it is the same, then you won't be able to downgrade into anything, since NSRT will update your phone to what is posted on that page.

If you have something older than what is posted, then you may want to update without being enrolled in the DevPrev Program.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You always have the "regular" version, since Preview only gives access to early builds of the same exact software everyone will eventually get. Now you are probably on 8.1 update 1. You just need to unenroll from the preview in the app and wait for your preview build of update 1 to be delivered to all phones, that moment your magic and ultra beta software will become the exact same windows of every other windows phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss