Developer Preview - Removal

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have installed developer preview once before and removed it using Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it factory restored my phone.

I am wondering if there is a way to "step" down from developer preview and go back to the official carrier released software WITHOUT doing a factory restore?

Would it be possible to uncheck the enroll in the developer preview app, and then wait until an official release comes from my carrier? Will I be able to see the official releases if I have updated to developer preview already?

Thank you!

Codbod

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, any official release that's newer than what you have, would get you back to being equivalent to an identical phone that had never been 'Dev preview'ed.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have installed developer preview once before and removed it using Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it factory restored my phone.

I am wondering if there is a way to "step" down from developer preview and go back to the official carrier released software WITHOUT doing a factory restore?

Would it be possible to uncheck the enroll in the developer preview app, and then wait until an official release comes from my carrier? Will I be able to see the official releases if I have updated to developer preview already?

Thank you!

Codbod

Simply unchecking the enroll button will NOT remove the software that's installed on your phone. You will need to use the Nokia software recovery tool to downgrade to a previous version. I just did this on my Lumia 925. If you read carefully when you open the preview for developers app, it states that you can not go back to a previous version. The only exception to that is Nokia phones with the software recovery tool.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
True, but check the wording of the original question.

To recap, there are two methods of getting "off" of Developer Preview.

1. Wipe and restore using the recovery software. This method of course destroys your data.
2. Unenroll from Preview by unchecking the box in the app (as oviedofreak82 said, unenrolling by itself is not enough), and update to a newer official version when it's available. You could of course be waiting a very long time for the next official release.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Simply unchecking the enroll button will NOT remove the software that's installed on your phone. You will need to use the Nokia software recovery tool to downgrade to a previous version. I just did this on my Lumia 925. If you read carefully when you open the preview for developers app, it states that you can not go back to a previous version. The only exception to that is Nokia phones with the software recovery tool.

No

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa