Battery live tile showing different percantage than battery status in notification area !

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
After today's update and pinning the battery meter live tile to home screen I noticed the percentage is different than notification center !
Anybody else noticed this error ?
wp_ss_20141113_0002.jpg

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I just updated and pinned the battery saver to start. It is giving the same reading as in the task bar. I unpinned the other third party app I had been using.wonder if the battery saver is more accuate

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Its perfect for me! See the screenshot below:
a26f9da7006fb8aa3af804e546db1c3b.png

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing that the live tile update frequency and that of the notification bar are different.

While the notification bar is probably real time, I doubt if the live tile isn't. Many have a half hour update cycle.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing that the live tile update frequency and that of the notification bar are different.

While the notification bar is probably real time, I doubt if the live tile isn't. Many have a half hour update cycle.

If I go with your thoughts then they could have simply updated battery saver app just like other apps with live tiles which are not real time.

But they had to do an OS level update to make it real-time and it is now real-time. Therefore, Battery Saver has no half an hour update cycle like other live tiles.

Hope this clarifies.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
If I go with your thoughts then they could have simply updated battery saver app just like other apps with live tiles which are not real time.

But they had to do an OS level update to make it real-time and it is now real-time. Therefore, Battery Saver has no half an hour update cycle like other live tiles.

Hope this clarifies.

Yup makes sense!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I believe the size of live tiles matter.

Based on this thread alone, those using medium sized tiles has accurate tile battery reading. Whereas those using small tiles, the battery level is not in sync. So, maybe just try to change the tiles to medium size and test if it works?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Did u get the latest developer preview update from a couple of days ago? That enables the percentages

I don't know what you mean. I hand a brand new 830 running Denim. Mi had the Developer Preview on my previous 8x, but didn't think I needed it with Denim out of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The new developer prebiew goes with the new update for battery saver seperate from denim jts a new feature that would not be in denim. U have to get the developer preview for the tile to work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs