Got the DP update last night (update that added real time battery live tile). Phone worked fine. Plugged in to charge over night and woke up to find that my email tiles were missing. I tried to access Accounts settings but the phone would not allow it.

I powered the phone off and then on. When the phone turned on, I have a lock screen but when I unlock the phone it is just a black screen with status icons across the top. I can only access the notification screen from the lock screen but it will not let me into settings, camera, etc. Soft keys give haptic feedback and I can adjust the volume.

I have completed multiple soft resets but I cannot hard reset without accessing settings.

Any thoughts?
    11-14-2014 05:32 AM
    If it's a Lumia, you can easily rapair it with Nokia Care Suite! My 520 updated just fine !
    11-14-2014 05:35 AM
    Try nokia software recovery tool.
    Select "my phone doesn't respond or start up" . Backup ur stuff first.
    Laura Knotek, aximtreo and ven07 like this.
    11-14-2014 05:35 AM
    If your phone is unresponsive and you can't reach Settings, you may be able to hard reset your phone using the hardware buttons.

Reset my phone
    11-14-2014 05:52 AM
    It is a HTC 8X so Nokia tools won't help me :( I will try the hard reset via hardware buttons. If that doesn't work I think I may go by the Microsoft store and see if they have any thoughts (probably a long shot).
    11-14-2014 06:16 AM
    Got the DP update last night (update that added real time battery live tile). Phone worked fine. Plugged in to charge over night and woke up to find that my email tiles were missing. I tried to access Accounts settings but the phone would not allow it.

I powered the phone off and then on. When the phone turned on, I have a lock screen but when I unlock the phone it is just a black screen with status icons across the top. I can only access the notification screen from the lock screen but it will not let me into settings, camera, etc. Soft keys give haptic feedback and I can adjust the volume.

I have completed multiple soft resets but I cannot hard reset without accessing settings.

Any thoughts?
    Your phone isn't 'bricked' then....
    Ozzy1320 likes this.
    11-14-2014 06:24 AM
    Apparently you can do a factory reset by doing below:

1. Power off
    2. Press and hold the volume down button, then briefly press power button. Release the volume down button when you see an icon on screen.
    3. Then press the following buttons in sequence: Vol up, vol down, power, vol down.

Hope that helps!
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-14-2014 06:33 AM
    Well; it doesn't work. Maybe "bricked" isn't the best term but my phone is a paper weight now.
    ven07 likes this.
    11-14-2014 09:13 AM
    I tried the factory reset with hardware buttons with no success. I will keep trying.
    11-14-2014 09:13 AM
    Make sure your phone has a good amount of charge as that could be one reason for it to fail.
    11-14-2014 09:56 AM
    It was fully charged this morning when I tried the reset. Not sure why it won't take. I even took it to a MS store and the tech was unable to do anything with it. I think I may steal my sister's upgrade and get the Icon.
    11-14-2014 01:59 PM
    It was fully charged this morning when I tried the reset. Not sure why it won't take. I even took it to a MS store and the tech was unable to do anything with it. I think I may steal my sister's upgrade and get the Icon.
    there must be away to reeload the software have you tried zune??
    11-14-2014 03:06 PM
    try this

Make sure that the device is POWERED OFF. If need be, press and hold the power button, and then drag the window to the bottom of the display to power off. Once the “goodbye” message appears, allow up to 15 seconds for the device to completely power off.
    Press the POWER button to turn the device back on.
    Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key.
    When an EXCLAMATION MARK (!) appears on the display, press the following keys in the following order:
    (1) VOLUME UP
    (2) VOLUME DOWN
    (3) POWER
    (4) VOLUME DOWN
    11-14-2014 03:09 PM
    If the hard reset doesn't work then you can say goodbye to the phone... Time to move on :) Does suck tho
    11-14-2014 03:10 PM
    hopee it works
    11-14-2014 03:18 PM
    Me too and my story is told here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ked-phone.html
    as ven07 I think this is goodbye for my phone and he also right that it does indeed suck!
    ven07 likes this.
    11-14-2014 11:33 PM
    Thanks for all the responses and help; the WP community is great. Unfortunately, nothing has worked. Looks like it is a paperweight.
    ven07 likes this.
    11-15-2014 06:28 AM
    Do you have a microSD card? My Lumia 822 is busted, but after doing some experimenting, it appears I can get it to turn on and function as long as I don't have my microSD card inserted. Which is highly annoying, because all my music and several of my games with long term saves are on there(including the recently delisted FIFA 14), but at least I have a functioning phone for the time being.
    ven07 likes this.
    11-15-2014 10:42 AM
    Do you have a microSD card? My Lumia 822 is busted, but after doing some experimenting, it appears I can get it to turn on and function as long as I don't have my microSD card inserted. Which is highly annoying, because all my music and several of my games with long term saves are on there(including the recently delisted FIFA 14), but at least I have a functioning phone for the time being.
    No SD card slot for the 8X. I went and got the Icon 😊
    11-19-2014 07:35 PM