SD to SD Card Transfer Issues

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 1520 with the latest Developer Preview release that incorporated the battery saver updates.

I have a polaroid 32 GB SD card with my music and photos.
I bought a Sony high speed 64 GB SD card.
Both are class 10.

I tried copying files to desktop and back to the new SD card.
I tried transferring files to a pc running Win10 developer preview using the Windows Phone app.
I tried transferring files to a pc running Win 7 using the Windows Phone app.

Every time I transfer the music (mix of my own and xbox music subscription stuff) to the new SD card, it shows up in "other" storage in storage sense and never lists in the xbox music player library.

Has anyone found a work around for this or is it a bug in the developer preview?
Does rolling back the phone to the original Windows 8.1 with Cyan update fix this?

Help! :unhappy:

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Patience proved to help some. All my music is back to normal in Xbox music. However, it still shows all my music as other storage in storage sense. Odd but...whatever. It works again.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Have the same problem, but not just music, everything lol. Photos aren't being picked up by photos app. Everything comes under the other category in storage sense. Did you find a fix yet?

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I transferred my photos using the windows phone app on Windows 10. If you move your photos using the windows phone app on win7/8/10 that should help. Mine show up fine and also show in storage sense correctly.

As for my music, that still shows as "other" in storage sense. However, Xbox music did sync correctly and my collection plays fine.

How did you transfer your music and pictures?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss