Trasnparent tiles... I hate them

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So, its cool for those who like to have visible backrounds and pretty much all the tiles on start screen in same color but... i personaly hate that and i cant be the only one. I like colours and and like choices... Would it be that hard to add ability of changing color of yout tile (iam looking at you too #READIT). These trasnparant tiles are forced instead of being optional so if someone doesnt want to use them at least give him an option to use default one (like in app list).
So, what do you guys think?

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
why would i do that? you didnt understand me... i want an option to change color of a tile, either through app or OS itself. i hate it when all the tiles on my startscreen are in same color and i dont like backgrounds on WP8.1

twentythreee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
I am totally with you. Don't like this transparency thing either. That's why I am using Accent Builder so I can create backgrounds which only contains vertical stripes so your tiles look colored!
For my own app Poki I have created a Tile Settings page where you can set the color of the tile to transparent or "Poki green", so users can customize it to their needs!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
why would i do that? you didnt understand me... i want an option to change color of a tile, either through app or OS itself. i hate it when all the tiles on my startscreen are in same color and i dont like backgrounds on WP8.1

There are apps that enable the user to choose the tile color within the app*, especially the apps that have been released after the Windows Phone 8.1 update. I'm guessing that the API for custom tile colors was released only after the Windows Phone 8.1 update. Now, it's up to the developers to add this feature to their app.:angel:

*- I couldn't remember which among the 100+ apps installed in my phone had this feature, but I'm pretty sure there are apps that allow the user to change the color of the tile.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, its cool for those who like to have visible backrounds and pretty much all the tiles on start screen in same color but... i personaly hate that and i cant be the only one. I like colours and and like choices... Would it be that hard to add ability of changing color of yout tile (iam looking at you too #READIT). These trasnparant tiles are forced instead of being optional so if someone doesnt want to use them at least give him an option to use default one (like in app list).
So, what do you guys think?

As a5cent points out here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/275061-wp8-1-tips-tricks.html you can run one color as a solid background and get "colored" tiles from the transparent ones. And of course that is where you were on 8.0. One "theme color" and other Apps forced their own way like green for Xbox or red for MSN News. The benefit, then is that with the move to transparent you actually get MORE tiles on your theme color.

You shouldn't be on windows phone after all. You can disable live tiles in the settings actually.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. No one should be on the same mobile OS as you who has a different opinion? It is pretty clear you just posted a knee jerk reaction without reading the OP. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the OP. Also, Windows Phone used to be really colorful. If you look at Microsoft's pictures of Windows Phones, they're always filled with colors. WP is no longer like that. It's usually filled with just one color. However, I still think it looks beautiful.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster