8.10.14219.310 issues

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a few people say they're having trouble such as battery issues but I've a list and I wonder if it's isolated to me or if I should hated reset.... Obviously I'm reluctant as I lose the resize picture option and I'm not 100 sure my backup works

My main issues:
?Battery drain.
?Lots of resuming/loading, inclusive of about a five seconds wait after initial pin after a phone reset.
?After a reset you see all the live tile images load one by one
?When you Swype right to the apps the logos also load one by one slowly when scrolling down.
?Apps load increasingly slow such as here maps taking about 1 min.
? After taking a photo I cave load the image taken directly I have to go to the start screen and look at the photo there.
? On a couple of occasions the "saving" of the photo had then so long it hasn't actually completed by the time the screen timed out, losing a picture...

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, vital bit of info, Lumia 1020 - therefore no SD.
I did use the lockscreen app and followed the instructions to cleanly remove it and haven't had any issues for a long time.. Happy to be told I missed a step though 😄

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you check with storage sense if you can clean some files. And or clean clean IE history.
1.35 Gb should be enough space but you never know. Maybe you can free up some more.
You also do not have a lot of apps working in the background which could use too much resources?
If above does not help I also do not know anymore.

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just in the process of backing up all of the high res images so I'll delete those to clear space.
I haven't cleared my IE history in maybe 6 months so that could be the culprit!!! it does take about 10seconds to load a recent page!... again, I just took that as being the phone being slow, but that was before the update so you may have this.

I don't have many things running in the background however the battery saver app has been showing IE as showing as using lots of battery in the background even if I block it from running in the background - that's since the update. That could be an issue with the Battery Saver app though..

I'll clear space and then clear IE history.

I hadn't checked Storage Sense actually... I'll try that too...

Cheers

Last edited:

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the IE backlog may be the culprit... But I'll feedback after further use... The menu is quicker and apps are loading quicker!
Is this a common issue?

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Update: Podcast lounge was an offending slow app and it included once s podcast was selected the app seemed to be stalled when play or open was required...
Now it works perfectly after clearing IE.
Thank you.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a few people say they're having trouble such as battery issues but I've a list and I wonder if it's isolated to me or if I should hated reset.... Obviously I'm reluctant as I lose the resize picture option and I'm not 100 sure my backup works

My main issues:
•Battery drain.
•Lots of resuming/loading, inclusive of about a five seconds wait after initial pin after a phone reset.
•After a reset you see all the live tile images load one by one
•When you Swype right to the apps the logos also load one by one slowly when scrolling down.
•Apps load increasingly slow such as here maps taking about 1 min.
• After taking a photo I cave load the image taken directly I have to go to the start screen and look at the photo there.
• On a couple of occasions the "saving" of the photo had then so long it hasn't actually completed by the time the screen timed out, losing a picture...

I also have these issues except I'm running 8.10.14219.341 on my 1020. I've already cleared IE temporary files to no avail. Has anyone else successfully fixed this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven