To get Lumia Denim when on Windows Phone for Developers

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I am missing something. Used that link on my laptop and I can see all the phone names and such but how do I get it on to my phone from here?
Don't worry about getting Denim. Denim for the Lumia 520 = Cyan firmware + 8.1 Update 1. If you're on preview for developers, your OS version is actually higher than what you'll get on Denim. So relax, just uncheck Preview for Developers and extras+info would show Denim

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I am not on PD anymore. I uninstalled it when 8.1 was officially available. But now I am finding it hard on how to get onto denim with the link that's posted. It just shows me info on what country its available in with all the phone models. I cant see how to get it onto my phone from here

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No the firmware provided in the link is only a guide to find out if denim has been released in your country. You don't use the link to install the web page into your phone. All you need to do is find out if denim is available if it is update your phone by going to
**within the phone**
..Settings
...Phone Update
...Let it search
...Once found it will install as normal

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
What is this thread! It adds absolutely no value. It basically says if your device has denim available you can download it from Nokia software update.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No go up and read the post again. It shows how to apply Denim to your phone when you have been running Windows for devs. All a person has when using preview for devs is early access to the operating system and no access to the proper denim firmware.

Read the original post on top of page one.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
No go up and read the post again. It shows how to apply Denim to your phone when you have been running Windows for devs. All a person has when using preview for devs is early access to the operating system and no access to the proper denim firmware.

Read the original post on top of page one.

'Proper Denim' firmware is the same old Cyan firmware, it just gets a new name if you are not opted in on the Preview for Developers program.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer but it did seem a bit misleading with your post. ;-) but I check every day on my phone for an update anyway.
It wasn't misleading it was as it was. I provided a link to a website where you can find out whether or not you can get denim. And if you can how to get it when or if your running windows for devs. The link provided was not the link to the software. I didn't mislead anyone with it. If you thought it was misleading I'm sorry for you. Also the admins would of removed it if I was being misleading or violating the code of conduct.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Is Denim available for PFD users in India for L520?????

Hi there thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't really know. All I have here is for European customers. I suppose you could try googling "Lumia Firmware availability global list" and see from there.

Sawan Tank

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Alright... Another question.. If I factory reset my phone.... Would I have to get all of the updates again (abt 15-16 updates after purchasing phone), or Single update leads to WP8.1 and Denim???

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i don't think you unterstand what Denim is all about. There's no - absolutely NO .- difference at all for devices other than 830, 930, 1520 and Icon between Cyan and Denim at the firmware level.
All these "older" devices get the Cyan firmware and WP 8.1 Update 1 with the official "Denim" update. That's why there's the Extras & Infos "bug", which is actually no bug. It shows Denim if you opt out of Developer Preview, Cyan when you opt in again.

Eabin Sai

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have a problem I installed yesterday preview for developers and I checked for updates and I click on download...i looked after an hour its still in downloading updates 0% ...after rebooting the phone also its in the same position...what can I do..pls help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)