Download Nokia software updater.
..Connect your phone via USB
..Follow the step by step
..When complete DONT apply your backup install cleanly
..Wait for windows phone to do its thing
..Check for updates
..When update is found it will download
..Apply update as normal

To find out if your country is on the list of devices that can get denim follow this link
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwp8-availability-in-europe%2F&token=OBOPw4YW

That's how I got Lumia Denim this morning.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows central app

Last edited:

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it is Denim? Because 520 get only GDR1 with a wrong title in extras+info. It is actually Cyan. You could tell if you still have Nokia Camera. On Denim it is called Lumia Camera.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it is Denim? Because 520 get only GDR1 with a wrong title in extras+info. It is actually Cyan. You could tell if you still have Nokia Camera. On Denim it is called Lumia Camera.

Yes I have Lumia denim. I went onto this site:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwp8-availability-in-europe%2F&token=CTvzuVoe

Found my ccountry which is Ireland, my phone network operator which is Vodafone and the available update. I cross referenced the Firmware version and OS version on the site with the "About" section in settings. For those of you wondering they are: OS 8.10.14219.341 and Firmware version number: 3058.50000.1425.0006

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Download Nokia software updater.
..Connect your phone via USB
..Follow the step by step
..When complete DONT apply your backup install cleanly
..Wait for windows phone to do its thing
..Check for updates
..When update is found it will download
..Apply update as normal

That's how I got Lumia Denim this morning.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows central app

I'm going to try this out, has anyone else tried this out and what are the results?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to try this out, has anyone else tried this out and what are the results?

Now I cant speak for everyone but it worked for me. All my pics and messages are backed up to OneDrive and I use facebook messenger so the need to apply my backup wasn't needed at that point. But yes that's what is needed. You have to downgrade from preview for devs before upgrading to Denim.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Same features no Cortana as of yet as I'm in Ireland. Camera has greatly improved. Its alot more smoother swiping and scrolling wise. Had problems with the keyboard but since the update autocorrect has been working better and more accurate. Have to say its great all round. 😊

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Very easy the Nokia Software updater does all the downgrade work. Then just update to Denim as normal.
..Settings
..Phone update

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
So I plug the phone in and select my region using your link and it will do the rest? I haven't got my laptop at the moment and just getting a mental idea on how to do this :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Plug the phone in via usb
Use the Nokia software updater
It automatically detects your phone, carrier and region
Follow the step by step on the updater

Should take 15 mins depending on your internet.

Once completed
Phone will start to install, chose your language the usual yada yada you go through when installing your phone
When asked choose between apply backup or clean install choose clean install
Once phone and apps have been installed look for updates and you should be able to find Denim.

The link provided is only for European countries, Lumia phone model numbers and mobile carriers. It shows what firmware is available.

Note if your country, Lumia model, mobile operator/carrier shows that Cyan is the only available firmware (as Denim will be on the way shortly) you dont have to downgrade today. Just keep checking back to the link provided and then start the downgrade and upgrade to denim. 😊

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
...or you could just uncheck the Preview for developers opt-in box in the Preview for Developers app, and you have Denim automagically...

...or alternatively, after doing all the things listed in the opening post, install the Preview for Developers app after this procedure, check the Preview for Developers opt-in, and, whoopsie, you're back on Cyan!

What I mean to say is that this is uneccessary, on 520 you have Denim if you are on the latest version of PfD, and this procedure will land you back exactly where you were, minus all your data. If you won't miss your data, then OK, it's a nice way to clean up and freshen up your phone.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I think I am missing something. Used that link on my laptop and I can see all the phone names and such but how do I get it on to my phone from here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234