Text Message backup

Daniel Ashbaugh

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
So I dropped my second 920, broke the screen, and bought a 635. Just got that in today. Everything on setup went fine, but it stopped downloading text messages after Nov. 2013. I replaced my first 920 with the second 920 around that date, so I am assuming something happened and the new 920 wasn't updating. The box is checked, and have restarted everything. Does anybody have any ideas for saving text messages. I got engaged that Jan, so I would like to have text messages from around that time to use in toasts at my upcoming wedding. I have access to the 920, so that should make thing easier I would think.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
make sure its set to sync all messages or whatever.

What I've noticed is that it can take some time to get fully up-to-speed, so I'll give it some time first.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you got an Outlook.com account? If so, you might be able to see them in there. Login in a browser, add a new Category that is your Contacts and below all your folders in the Inbox click into that Category and see what's there.

Daniel Ashbaugh

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I went back through the second 920. So text messages from 2012-2013 and from today forward are on the 635. Text messages from 2013-2015 are on my second 920....which seems like something got switched. The 920 had no text messages before that nov. 2013 date,

Hell_Patrol

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with my 520... Tried hard resetting it a few times but it didn't work. :unhappy: The only solution I found was to flash a different ROM, it looks like there's a bug in AT&T's ROM which prevent old texts from being restored... I know it sucks :cry: but atleast I have all my texts are back... :amaze:

Daniel Ashbaugh

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
So I had an error code of 80C805E2 on my MS account, so perhaps the text messages were never being backed up to begin with? I may try to talk with MS tomorrow now that I think I know where the problem may be and see if they can fix it.

Dan Ashbaugh

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
MS couldn't do anything to transfer text messages. I tried the ATT Transfer app or Transfer my Data and they couldn't do anything. Will take both phones into AT&T this afternoon and see what they can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)