I recently downloaded windows developer and installed on my 830. I liked it but it wouldn't sync with my Fitbit. When I use the Lumia Recovery Tool and install the software they allow, I still have developer version on my 830.

How can I get the stock AT&T version back on my phone?
    02-26-2015 10:25 PM
    Could you let us know if you mean Preview for developers or Windows Insider... Just to be extra clear. Thanks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-26-2015 10:37 PM
    I initially installed developers then I installed Insiders.
    02-27-2015 09:42 AM
    I assume you have both Apps on your phone?

Inside each Sign Out or "quit." Soft Reset. Make sure you are still signed out inside those apps. Uninstall each. Soft Reset. Make a new backup which should preserve your being signed out of P4D and Insider and not having those installed.

Use the new Windows Phone Recovery Tool to recover: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA and restore that fresh-made backup.

Hope that solves your issue...
    Laura Knotek and jfa1 like this.
    02-27-2015 01:30 PM
    This process doesn't reinstall the AT&T firmware. It just installs the latest developer for windows 8.1

Any other ideas?
    03-06-2015 09:53 PM
    It installs the latest update available on Microsoft's servers, including the firmware.
    03-06-2015 10:04 PM
    Right. It installs the latest developer software on the phone from their servers. Back to my original question. How can I install the stock att software back on my phone.
    03-15-2015 07:10 PM
    If you used the Lumia Recovery Tool, then you don't have the DP version. You have the AT&T version.
    03-15-2015 07:32 PM
    If you used the Lumia Recovery Tool, then you don't have the DP version. You have the AT&T version.
    Hmm kinda buzzed here... doesn't Microsoft recommend using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool instead of the Lumia Software Recovery Tool? They both are different tools so may be the OP is right? Though in my experience both should install the release version firmware and not the Technical Preview.

OP: Worst case if the Windows Phone Recovery Tool doesn't work then you can always use the NSU to flash the ATT firmware manually
    03-15-2015 07:40 PM
    Hmm kinda buzzed here... doesn't Microsoft recommend using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool instead of the Lumia Software Recovery Tool? They both are different tools so may be the OP is right? Though in my experience both should install the release version firmware and not the Technical Preview.

OP: Worst case if the Windows Phone Recovery Tool doesn't work then you can always use the NSU to flash the ATT firmware manually
    Didn't that just come out less than a month ago? Plus, I thought it was only for rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1. Unless the function has changed, I'm pretty sure its the Lumia Recovery tool.
    03-15-2015 08:16 PM
    Didn't that just come out less than a month ago? Plus, I thought it was only for rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1. Unless the function has changed, I'm pretty sure its the Lumia Recovery tool.
    Yeah it was released when the Windows 10 TP was released but it can also be used to roll back to factory firmware (tried and tested). Lumia Recovery Tool does the same thing except I am guessing Microsoft might make Windows Phone Recovery Tool standard for non Lumia phones too
    03-16-2015 12:35 AM
    Yeah it was released when the Windows 10 TP was released but it can also be used to roll back to factory firmware (tried and tested). Lumia Recovery Tool does the same thing except I am guessing Microsoft might make Windows Phone Recovery Tool standard for non Lumia phones too
    here's what MS says about it.

Which tool should I use?

Use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool for all Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 or newer. For all other Nokia branded phones use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. To see which Windows Phone operating system (OS) version is currently installed on your phone, go to Settings > about.
    Jas00555 likes this.
    03-17-2015 04:18 PM

Which tool should I use?

Use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool for all Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 or newer. For all other Nokia branded phones use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. To see which Windows Phone operating system (OS) version is currently installed on your phone, go to Settings > about.
    Thanks for that. They must've shuffled things around when the Windows Phone Recovery Tool came out.
    03-17-2015 05:24 PM

Which tool should I use?

What does other Nokia branded phones mean? If it's the Asha series then why the Lumia in the Recovery tool name?
    03-17-2015 08:45 PM