Should I use preview for developers to get updates?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So I just bought a lumia 635 but was disappointed that I wasn't able to download denim or anything. It's still cyan. I'm considering using the preview for developers to bypass the carrier and get updates, but is this advisable? I dont want to mess up my phone.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
u can use it to get the updates....but you wont be getting the firmware updates. u'll only get the OS updates.if your carrier releases the updates then u can get the firmware updates.

since DP is released long ago its stable and u can use as daily driver.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
u can use it to get the updates....but you wont be getting the firmware updates. u'll only get the OS updates.if your carrier releases the updates then u can get the firmware updates.

since DP is released long ago its stable and u can use as daily driver.

So I'm going to have to wait and see if att updates their phones to denim regardless of developer preview?

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So I'm going to have to wait and see if att updates their phones to denim regardless of developer preview?

yes u should wait for the firmware updates...because firmware makes the phone run more smoothly.....and also lumia firmware brings a lot of additional functionality to the devices

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
​Only if you're phone is one supplied by ATT with their ROM etc.

If you bought it unlocked, and Denim is available for that version in that territory, it should be available for download/install.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
​Only if you're phone is one supplied by ATT with their ROM etc.

If you bought it unlocked, and Denim is available for that version in that territory, it should be available for download/install.

I bought the att go version from best buy. I don't think its unlocked though.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it is a GoPhone 635 then it will have to wait on AT&T to push the Denim OTA.

Also, it is locked to AT&T, but will accept any ATT mvno (like Straight Talk, Net 10, etc.) SIM card. You can easily get it unlocked now. ATT is being very reasonable about unlocks at the moment. http://forums.windowscentral.com/t/332109-how-unlock-t-windows-phone-non-contract-edition.html

Here are the lookup tables to see when Denim is released for your model. Many are waiting in the US still across carriers and models. All hope is not lost for your Lumia 635. Software update for Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Microsoft - Global

It's interesting to note that all Canadian versions of 635 have gotten Denim...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos