Notification Centre on WP8.1

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting on the ability to search files on the friggin phone from a single place (like spotlight search on iPhone or search in Win 8.1), and a GOD DAMN BUILT IN TIMER/STOPWATCH! I'm gonna be really ticked off if both of those features are still missing.

Bing smartsearch is coming. Also I'm sure they can easily port their alarms windows 8.1 app to WP

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a question to all of you in this forum.
Which notification center would you all prefer(ios,android or wp)???
In my opinion considering leaks of action center....i would prefer wp....that's gonna be awesome...what about you all??

WP all the way, I like the dark color since I like the dark side :), but I do think all 3 get the job done pretty good :)

blackout2005

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting on the ability to search files on the friggin phone from a single place (like spotlight search on iPhone or search in Win 8.1), and a GOD DAMN BUILT IN TIMER/STOPWATCH! I'm gonna be really ticked off if both of those features are still missing.

And a proper Recording app which can record under lockscreen and in the background.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's what it would look like on a Lumia 1020.

View attachment 56580

In my opinion - ugly and a rip off from an Android custom ROM. Does nothing unique. MSFT being the last one in the race had a chance to come up with a trick that was unique to them and an airflip that was never seen before, but alas, we are playing catch up by copying how the front runners are running.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion - ugly and a rip off from an Android custom ROM. Does nothing unique. MSFT being the last one in the race had a chance to come up with a trick that was unique to them and an airflip that was never seen before, but alas, we are playing catch up by copying how the front runners are running.

+822 for the ugly comment, but its still work in progress, so we can keep hoping.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It looks like individual settings can be brought to this quick access settings. in the other leaked screenshot it showed different items that could be chosen. I cannot wait for a developer preview already.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I just hope Microsoft doesn't find some reason to push this update back once April rolls around the Notification Center along with the Cortana voice assist could make or break the platform. As for us VZW users we'll probably have to wait until 2015 before we get 8.1 so who am I kidding? We haven't even got the Black update yet what a joke...

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
why is it ugly ? I guess that's subjective.

I don't think MS has to do anything unique. It's just a damn notification center. I don't think there's a lot to add.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

They are frontrunners for a reason...sometimes copying, or mimicking a leader is not a bad thing. There aren't but so many ways to show notifications.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do you care that it looks like android with a wp design applied? At some point most design features of smart phones become ubiquitous. So we really need to stop the "Their copying" rants. Swiping down makes sense because MS is looking for familiarity for users to switch over and you can access it with a swipe from any where in the phone.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

Custom Rom so it's not original Android since it's custom :p

jdholland79

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be cool if in the settings menu the was an option to make it so you could get notifications by swiping down or up or to the right make it so you could have it were you like it how you liked it ]

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
why is it ugly ? I guess that's subjective.

I don't think MS has to do anything unique. It's just a damn notification center. I don't think there's a lot to add.

Of course there could have been a unique way! This grouping under a swipe is so Android. We have HUBS. We could have used ME hub for notifications. We already collect social notifications in that hub, why couldn't the OS extend to collect notifications on there?

An option to swipe with two fingers from top would slide in the ME tile with all the notifications. This way those who want Android/iOS features where they have always been, because they can't be arsed to learn new stuff, can have notification drop down "unique to WP" and those like me who love tiles, could still have ME tile pinned and get tile to flip when there are notifications. Silent notifications can keep building up in ME hub and could be accessible with swipe.

They are frontrunners for a reason...sometimes copying, or mimicking a leader is not a bad thing. There aren't but so many ways to show notifications.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

See my reply above. There are ways unique to WP. That would have been a choice to users as well as a tick in the list of feature. Tile lot gets tile. Drop down lot gets drop down.

Custom Rom so it's not original Android since it's custom :p

Nothing is original in Android :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb