The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-26-2014 03:17 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    http://www.windowscentral.com/notifi...hone-81-reveal
    centro.jpg

Hope it's a real deal this time.
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 02-09-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    02-08-2014 11:07 PM
    You beat me to it, it looks legit, and I just hope that if you long press it will take you to the setting. I hope that you can customize the toggles, and that it could be horizontal list.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    02-08-2014 11:09 PM
    You beat me to it, it looks legit, and I just hope that if you long press it will take you to the setting. I hope that you can customize the toggles, and that it could be horizontal list.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    wow!!!!
    THAT'S A LOT OF HOPES.
    LOL
    taymur and Amritash Pathania like this.
    02-08-2014 11:17 PM
    I hope that you can customize the toggles.
    +1
    02-08-2014 11:21 PM
    Looks good to me. All the leaks that I have seen are all heading in the right direction for windows phone!
    Joe920 and maverick786us like this.
    02-08-2014 11:22 PM
    I think its fake, but I hope its real lol. But I like how the battery percentage is there also
    02-08-2014 11:22 PM
    Wait for Daniel's "Fake" comment :P
    Ashish Saraf1 likes this.
    02-08-2014 11:33 PM
    Makes me want the update even more!
    02-08-2014 11:34 PM
    Wait for Daniel's "Fake" comment :P
    haha, I've been waiting for him to rage on twitter
    taymur likes this.
    02-08-2014 11:38 PM
    this doesn't seem legit at all. :(
    02-08-2014 11:45 PM
    This time it is REAL!
    02-08-2014 11:54 PM
    So, the one that no one really feels it, turns out to be the legit one.
    02-08-2014 11:56 PM
    I thought that it was real, at least that should count for something.
    02-09-2014 12:09 AM
    Its a photoshop i think...

Edit: i take my words back
    sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD
    Last edited by Ashish Saraf1; 02-09-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    02-09-2014 02:44 AM
    it is not photoshop......wpcentral has given it 10/10 on meter........
    02-09-2014 03:32 AM
    I absolutely love the design for the Notification Centre which has been leaked.

Comment below on what you think of it...
    02-09-2014 05:13 AM
    Honestly, I am a bit disappointed about the drop down, quick notifications on the top of the drop down thing. Its too android like.

it still looks great however. Also, by the name action centre, we can speculate that the notifications will indeed be actionable?
    Amritash Pathania and ygtgngr like this.
    02-09-2014 05:20 AM
    Don't know yet. It sounds like it isn't very systematic. If any app can add/remove/hide notifications however it wants to (or doesn't want to), and each app deals with this differently, and/or configuration occurs on an app-by-app basis, it will become an utter mess. Furthermore, it doesn't sound like it includes a one-click way of saying: display only notifications that aren't already included as a counter on the start screen. I'll have to wait until we get a better understanding. So far it sounds horrid to me. Hope I'm misunderstanding it.
    02-09-2014 05:28 AM
    This is plain Android custom rom design, i think it's fake
    Or WP will get a HUGE UI overhaul
    02-09-2014 05:30 AM
    Honestly, I am a bit disappointed about the drop down, quick notifications on the top of the drop down thing. Its too android like.
    Android like or not isn't (in itself) a bad thing. What I'm more interested in is how this works in apps that already use the 'swipe down from edge' gesture themselves. To me it sounds like each app will have a say in whether it is accessible or not. That doesn't sound like a good design for something you would want to be able to access from everywhere. Here too... I'd like to know more.
    02-09-2014 05:38 AM
    Android like or not isn't (in itself) a bad thing. What I'm more interested in is how this works in apps that already use the 'swipe down from edge' gesture themselves. To me it sounds like each app will have a say in whether it is accessible or not. That doesn't sound like a good design for something you would want to be able to access from everywhere. Here too... I'd like to know more.
    Are there many apps that do "swipe down from edge"?

It is REAL and endorsed by Daniel, the man himself - First screenshots of the Notification Center for Windows Phone 8.1 reveal new design | Windows Phone Central 10/10 on rum-o-meter.

Also, merged.
    02-09-2014 05:49 AM
    Are there many apps that do "swipe down from edge"?
    If I knew how to count them I would ;-)

Ever since WP7, apps could disable the status bar so it doesn't get in the way of other gestures... I've seen a few apps that do so. It sounds like this is similar.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if it's 100 or 10'000 apps. If this is really how it is intended to function, then it adds usage inconsistencies... meaning thousands of people will experience situations where they think WP is broken, because sometimes the AC will appear and other times it won't. The reasoning behind it won't be immediately obvious to everyone.

I have trouble believing MS could screw something that simple up though... wait and see.
    02-09-2014 06:16 AM
    If I knew how to count them I would ;-)

Ever since WP7, apps could disable the status bar so it doesn't get in the way of other gestures... I've seen a few apps that do so. It sounds like this is similar.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if it's 100 or 10'000 apps. If this is really how it is intended to function, then it adds usage inconsistencies... meaning thousands of people will experience situations where they think WP is broken, because sometimes the AC will appear and other times it won't. The reasoning behind it won't be immediately obvious to everyone.

I have trouble believing MS could screw something that simple up though... wait and see.
    man what are you talking about, first better not call action center "AC", as "AC" means Air Conditioning.

second, most probably there is about 0 apps that uses edges as its not that much common in the system itself.
    02-09-2014 06:36 AM
    man what are you talking about, first better not call action center "AC", as "AC" means Air Conditioning.

second, most probably there is about 0 apps that uses edges as its not that much common in the system itself.
    It is a common windows abbreviation where I work, so excuse the habbit. Anyway, I doubt anyone would confuse the two. You understood, so I don't think the acronym police is required here. Thanks ;-)

It's not just edge swipes though. It is any touch at the top of the screen. MS thought the potential conflict was important enough to allow apps to disable the status bar. If you don't want to take my word for it, that should count for something.

Anyway, my other point is more important. This I could live with, it's just bound to add inconsistencies.
    Usama Jawad96 likes this.
    02-09-2014 06:50 AM
    It is a common windows abbreviation where I work, so excuse the habbit. Anyway, I doubt anyone would confuse the two. You understood, so I don't think the acronym police is required here. Thanks ;-)

It's not just edge swipes though. It is any touch at the top of the screen. MS thought the potential conflict was important enough to allow apps to disable the status bar. If you don't want to take my word for it, that should count for something.

Anyway, my other point is more important. This I could live with, it's just bound to add inconsistencies.
    Maybe its not just a touch? May be its a swipe, a long swipe from top - may be with 2 fingers?

The way I see apps being disabled from accessing status bar in WP7.x and WP8 was to be able to run with gigantic metro headings like in People Hub. Now surely that would look ugly when you tap and have icons dropping on the word "People" or anything the app was shouting. That design seems to have died down now.

However, if it wasn't going to just a tap but a long swipe with 2 fingers that pulls down quick settings and then another swipe (1 finger, 2 finger doesn't matter now) pulls down notifications - that wouldn't clash right? No app I know in the whole of 180,000 has been THAT innovative or gesture friendly to do exact same thing for in app actions. This 2 finger, long swipe can definitely then over ride any app that you are in as it is an intentional gesture that no one else can implement(?)
    02-09-2014 07:31 AM
84 123 ...