Happy Days!

If this story is to be trusted (which I think it can) WP 8.1 will allow you to install apps to the SD card. Hurrah!

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer SDK Reveals New Features, New Universal App Model And More | WMPoweruser
    Aditya Rikame likes this.
    02-11-2014 08:56 AM
    Happy Days!

If this story is to be trusted (which I think it can) WP 8.1 will allow you to install apps to the SD card. Hurrah!

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer SDK Reveals New Features, New Universal App Model And More | WMPoweruser
    There's already a thread covering all these new features: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2346023
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    02-11-2014 09:01 AM
    awesome
    02-11-2014 09:04 AM
    6. Apps can be installed on SD card and developers can prevent users from doing it for their apps.
    I hope all the developers don't screw up preventing their app from being installed to the SD card. :)

If all the said features are true plus the notification center, volume controls etc, I can see a bright future for Windows Phone. Loads of Android users would definitely consider a switch over. Also we would have many app developers supporting the windows platform.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    02-11-2014 09:17 AM
    I posted this on the front page but, I think it belongs here, as I have been looking forward to this for a long time, as I could even do this with Windows Mobile devices....

Now here is something I wonder from the experts here. As Apps can go to SD now, does Windows Phone force you to re-parition the SD card for apps or is it dynamic (just a folder on the drive with permissions set). As re-parition would mean you would have to flag XX amount towards apps and cant use that space for other content unless you reformat the card and reinstall all your apps.

I know as MS changed the marketplace to be more secure, I wonder how they are going to do apps on SD card.

As hackers already figured out how to work around the encryiption in the marketplace (instal a demo to a rooted phone, run a script to unlock the app, then download it from the phone to a XAP), I wonder what MS is going to do to combat this....

Just Hope MS has a plan to secure the apps on the card but, will not force you to re-parition the card so you can have all the space available for everything you need.
    Gary Oppenhuis likes this.
    02-11-2014 09:48 AM
    Happy Days!

Sounds good too bad they aren't making phones with SD card slots.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    quotethepigeon likes this.
    02-11-2014 01:10 PM
    Now that would be really great ! I hope they follow through...
    02-11-2014 05:07 PM
    Yes after action centre...app installation on,mmc card was very important. Well i would love one,more,feature, auto Bluetooth on and off while sending file via Bluetooth. I have this feature on,my Symbian 808 pure view. Thou iam really. Excited for windowsphone 8.1 . Will make,our windows OS more,awesome. :)
    02-11-2014 05:21 PM
    My HTC 8S has one... :) a few other less expensive WP have them too. Notice I didnt say "low end". Besides, as WP addresses the developing markets more they will build them with SD slots as well as dual sim.
    02-11-2014 11:21 PM
    My 820 and I will be so freaking excited if true!!!!! :)
    SaiKiran7474 likes this.
    02-12-2014 01:52 AM