Installing app to SD card coming to WP 8.1!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
6. Apps can be installed on SD card and developers can prevent users from doing it for their apps.
I hope all the developers don't screw up preventing their app from being installed to the SD card. :)

If all the said features are true plus the notification center, volume controls etc, I can see a bright future for Windows Phone. Loads of Android users would definitely consider a switch over. Also we would have many app developers supporting the windows platform.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I posted this on the front page but, I think it belongs here, as I have been looking forward to this for a long time, as I could even do this with Windows Mobile devices....

Now here is something I wonder from the experts here. As Apps can go to SD now, does Windows Phone force you to re-parition the SD card for apps or is it dynamic (just a folder on the drive with permissions set). As re-parition would mean you would have to flag XX amount towards apps and cant use that space for other content unless you reformat the card and reinstall all your apps.

I know as MS changed the marketplace to be more secure, I wonder how they are going to do apps on SD card.

As hackers already figured out how to work around the encryiption in the marketplace (instal a demo to a rooted phone, run a script to unlock the app, then download it from the phone to a XAP), I wonder what MS is going to do to combat this....

Just Hope MS has a plan to secure the apps on the card but, will not force you to re-parition the card so you can have all the space available for everything you need.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes after action centre...app installation on,mmc card was very important. Well i would love one,more,feature, auto Bluetooth on and off while sending file via Bluetooth. I have this feature on,my Symbian 808 pure view. Thou iam really. Excited for windowsphone 8.1 . Will make,our windows OS more,awesome. :)

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My HTC 8S has one... :) a few other less expensive WP have them too. Notice I didnt say "low end". Besides, as WP addresses the developing markets more they will build them with SD slots as well as dual sim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos