07-16-2014 07:37 AM
443 ... 161718
tools
    I'm not having ANY of those issues with my 1520.
    05-21-2014 09:12 PM
    I have AT&T with a Lumina 1020 for me and the Warden, hers is converted to Korean (As is her laptop, desktops and her Surface 2 (RT) tablet) so I am a little concerned about upgrading hers. Not that it matters yet as I am stuck with Win-phone. Probably teething pains with the 8.0 for now. No update available for me yet. Probably some delay because of the 41 Meg camera. I would like to try it.
    05-29-2014 04:02 PM
    Finally broke down and updated my 1520 to 8.1 Thoughts..WOW! Why on God's green earth did I wait so long...
    Mikersson likes this.
    05-31-2014 10:04 AM
    windows phone 8.1 turned out to be something big and unexpected with many improvements, new features and so on. but there are some features i would like to see....
    please vote for these features and share with as many people as you can.
    actionable notification, always on cortana, picture password – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    06-02-2014 04:33 PM
    windows phone 8.1 turned out to be something big and unexpected with many improvements, new features and so on. but there are some features i would like to see....
    please vote for these features and share with as many people as you can.
    actionable notification, always on cortana, picture password – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    06-02-2014 04:33 PM
    After a few days with 8.10.12393.890 I am very impressed with the WP OS. Previously I had an old Eten Gloffish M700 running Windows Mobile v 6.5. Finally scrapped the old dear and got a couple of Lumia 620's, one for me and one for my wife as they were so cheap. WP8.0 was installed and working very well on both phones which are a joy to use, great little phone with good features like front facing cam, SD Card. Loved the way WP8.0 works and big congratulations all round to the MS team.
    WP8.1 is even better now and should be a great OS when the bugs/issues are fixed.
    Main bugs I've found so far and commented on elsewhere are:
    - WiFi connection to home router is much worse now, it was excellent with 8.0
    - Battery performance is worse than with 8.0
    - HTML5 Video element not always working due to some major changes - MS aware of this I believe
    - Storage Sense, Storage Check and even Nokia Storage Check Beta all report different storage information levels (just one good app for this please MS)
    - Battery Saver always shows time since last charge as less than 1 hour.
    06-05-2014 05:12 PM
    I am new to 8.1. The physical search button which used to bring up Bing Search and Bing vision now brings up Cortana. What it i still want to use Bing Vision to scan a codebar, etc.? I read an article by Paul Thurotte who says Vision should be there when I launch the camera (what a pain that is to get to Vision), but it's not there, I don't see any lenses when i hit the menu button in the camera app.
    Last edited by gmfeld; 06-06-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    06-06-2014 06:52 AM
    I am new to 8.1. The physical search button which used to bring up Bing Search and Bing vision now brings up Cortana. What it i still want to use Bing Vision to scan a codebar, etc.? I read an article by Paul Thurotte who says Vision should be there when I launch the camera (what a pain that is to get to Vision), but it's not there, I don't see any lenses when i hit the menu button in the camera app.
    Never mind, I found the Lens button in the Camera app. A terrible place to stick Vision, what a pain.
    06-06-2014 08:49 AM
    I'm using windows phone 8.1 in a Nokia Lumia Amber 520 since 48 hours ago.
    It Was working fine without problems. I like the improvements.
    The only thing I'm experience now after I moved many apps to the SD card is:
    The system get stuck for almost ine minute (some times less)
    I had to move back to the phone some apps like viber and facebook and now the phone is answering much better. I will continue checking issues n improvements.
    Great!
    06-06-2014 02:11 PM
    There is some way to enable music streaming like Nokia Mix Radio, Songza, Pandora, Slack Radio, etc. in Latin American countries?
    Changing region can work? (I did that with Songza but now is not available in this way) Using VPN? I don't know.
    I ask this because I live in Peru and the only music streaming apps for a Nokia Lumia 1020 are AUPEO!, Soundtracker and Spotify (that only works with a premium account) .
    I hope they can at least make the audio streaming apps available changing your region, do you agree with that? It's so unfair ... people work a lot here in Latin America to save money in order to buy a Nokia Lumia flagship for good music & photography experience.
    06-06-2014 11:37 PM
    Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance if my question is 'stupid' and if it's totally inappropriate for the forum subject. But I just want to know, the Developer's preview, is that the official 8.1 upgrade or will MS be releasing an official one? If yes, do we know or has MS released a date when? And does it includes dates per country?
    06-10-2014 03:22 AM
    Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance if my question is 'stupid' and if it's totally inappropriate for the forum subject. But I just want to know, the Developer's preview, is that the official 8.1 upgrade or will MS be releasing an official one? If yes, do we know or has MS released a date when? And does it includes dates per country?
    Not stupid if you are new to windows phone and coming from Apple.

Updates are manufacturer/carrier specific.

Microsoft released 8.1 for the developers and for the manufacturers/carriers to tweak to their specific hardware. So, Nokia will release the 8.1 update for their specific phones over the next month or so according to their statements when Windows released the preview.
    06-10-2014 08:20 PM
    Microsoft released 8.1 for the developers and for the manufacturers/carriers to tweak to their specific hardware. So, Nokia will release the 8.1 update for their specific phones over the next month or so according to their statements when Windows released the preview.
    Probably not important, but just to clarify:

The OEMs don't tweak/change anything that MS delivers. They only add to it.
    06-10-2014 08:23 PM
    Probably not important, but just to clarify:

The OEMs don't tweak/change anything that MS delivers. They only add to it.
    Semantics, but I consider "adding" to be tweaking as the experience is altered from manufacturer to manufacturer and in some cases phone to phone...
    06-11-2014 12:26 AM
    One feature i do not like is Games appear seperately in Windows 8.1 instead of collectively coming under Games app. I have a lot of games installed and when i go to the apps installed the list seems very huge.
    06-24-2014 10:59 PM
    One feature i do not like is Games appear seperately in Windows 8.1 instead of collectively coming under Games app. I have a lot of games installed and when i go to the apps installed the list seems very huge.

Or you could just go to the "Games" tile and see them all still organized in there....but I know what you mean about the app list.
    06-25-2014 01:26 PM
    Yes, I am also a little disappointing in the fact I have to open a FaceBook app now when doing anything with Facebook, as opposed to 8.0. Not a deal breaker or anything, just a little disappointed.
    07-08-2014 09:53 AM
    They destroyed the Message Hub. Please band together with me on this!

https://www.facebook.com/MessagingHub
    07-16-2014 07:37 AM
443 ... 161718