07-16-2014 07:37 AM
443 12345 ...
tools
    I am excited for the update & new hardware. I love my ATIV S, but I really want to get a Nokia pureview camera.

Although the leaks have helped to stir up some excitement, I hope that in addition to Cortana, there are some real surprises for the official unveiling. It's always a bummer when we know everything in advance of an official unveil.
    02-11-2014 09:42 PM
    I'm thoroughly impressed. These will 1.5 years late, but at least it's not too late!
    02-11-2014 10:06 PM
    I'm thoroughly impressed. These will 1.5 years late, but at least it's not too late!
    I think it is kind of really way too late, bit I still can't wait too upgrade my Lumia 900 to WP8.1! Its going to be such an overwhelming & awesome change!
    02-11-2014 10:43 PM
    Nice additions some small some major, but not understanding that removal of FB integration, can some one please explain why ?
    02-11-2014 11:31 PM
    Nice additions some small some major, but not understanding that removal of FB integration, can some one please explain why ?
    like they did in windows 8.1 , they remove Facebook chat, instead Microsoft promised an official application which will get new updates and more features than people hub , so they did it ; I guess same will apply for wp8.1 ; they will publish another Facebook app which will blend into people hub just like Skype is doing at moment;
    02-11-2014 11:44 PM
    like they did in windows 8.1 , they remove Facebook chat, instead Microsoft promised an official application which will get new updates and more features than people hub , so they did it ; I guess same will apply for wp8.1 ; they will publish another Facebook app which will blend into people hub just like Skype is doing at moment;
    currently skype into people hub of WP ??? didn't know that
    02-12-2014 12:11 AM
    currently skype into people hub of WP ??? didn't know that
    Yes it is. Just install skype from store. Contacts will show in your people hub.
    02-12-2014 12:27 AM
    Not anymore, the other is changed to temporary files in update 3 which can be rapidly removed by following the above procedure.
    okay I hope you are right, I will do this a couple more times and see what happens
    02-12-2014 12:33 AM
    How do I save apps to SkyDrive on my Nokia Lumia 520 please?
    02-12-2014 12:56 AM
    The menu should be improved from list view to a very nice, well designed grid view.
    This is Windows Phone, not Android. They can have their grid menu, we have list view, I'm content with it
    02-12-2014 01:06 AM
    'Better backup functionality' - I really hope this does a full backup/restore including tile sizes/custom start screen layout.

'File Picker' - I guess we can finally attach documents to emails (yea...i know about how i can go to office hub and share it from there but this is time saving and you can reply to an email with an attachment).

Video scrubber, action center, separate volume control, quick tap to silence, search button tap disable, swipe down to close app, IE tabs shows up as separate app in the multi-task window = awesome!

Really looking forward to BUILD.
    02-12-2014 01:30 AM
    Yes it is. Just install skype from store. Contacts will show in your people hub.
    yeah thanks..i filtered out mine skype contacts... :P
    02-12-2014 02:25 AM
    The posts towards the end of this thread explain why removing Facebook integration from the generic messaging app is a good idea: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...messenger.html
    02-12-2014 02:37 AM
    So what about people hub, would it be any different ?? or do we have to say goodbye to one location update checking ??

02-12-2014 02:55 AM
    Please fix the camera issue! I bought a windows phone because of its camera! 920's camera results are yellowish and blurry! Fix the efin camera algorithm! That would be the most innovative update of 8.1!
    pluizebol and tositem like this.
    02-12-2014 04:17 AM
    My only concern right now is whether they will make this update available with 512MB devices.

I do have plan to buy new phone on April or May, but would love to keep the 620 around with WP 8.1, cause then I can buy non-WP device as my new phone.

But I don't see the point to keeping the 620 if it's not updated to 8.1

Sent using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 04:32 AM
    Question, ie11 related: are the swype gestures from w8/rt App Version included?
    Would be awesome

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 05:03 AM
    What would be interesting though is that if someone crosses off these 36-38 leaked features from the Uservoice and see how many of the "top" requested features are ticked this time?!
    02-12-2014 05:26 AM
    What would be interesting though is that if someone crosses off these 36-38 leaked features from the Uservoice and see how many of the "top" requested features are ticked this time?!
    Massacre from my side if "Uservoice features" aren't kept in final release because its totally awesome and must haves :D
    02-12-2014 05:40 AM
    I want nicer icons, thats it.
    I want them too, but still in this reduced form as tiles with a simplistic icon. That's what the modern design language benefits from, how it makes theming possible, and how it's making the fast recognition of apps/tiles possible while scroling vertically through one page.

Also IMO the conditions for publishing an app should say that a simplistic, background-transparent icon used for theming as well as a static tile is a must.

The theming with colours can also come in handy to categorise your apps/tiles, so I would very appreciate multiple theme colour categories to even better organise/individualise my start screen experience.
    02-12-2014 05:55 AM
    My only concern right now is whether they will make this update available with 512MB devices.
    A few weeks back I did sales promotion for Lumia devices in o2 Shops here in Germany. At the kick-off meeting in Ratingen they told us that every WP8 Lumia device will get WP8.1.
    rahilsayed and malih like this.
    02-12-2014 06:08 AM
    A few weeks back I did sales promotion for Lumia devices in o2 Shops here in Germany. At the kick-off meeting in Ratingen they told us that every WP8 Lumia device will get WP8.1.
    That's reassuring, thanks.
    I'll make sure to also write thank you note to Nadella if that's indeed the case.

---

I'm glad that with WP8.1 Microsoft seems to catch up.

Also hoped for WP8.1 will bring along new innovative feature that no other phones have but not something gimmicky like some Android phones,
    but I guess maybe we'll have to wait for WP9 for that, there's no way something absolutely amazing will come in just over a year while also catching up.

Sent using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 06:32 AM
    Massacre from my side if "Uservoice features" aren't kept in final release because its totally awesome and must haves :D
    Some of these are top features from uservoice but it certainly isn't going to include all features. I am on uservoice now to check what's been already included and what's left out for GDRs

Also hoped for WP8.1 will bring along new innovative feature that no other phones have ......
    Sent using Tapatalk
    How about a desktop operating system that runs on a phone?
    02-12-2014 06:33 AM
    I am very excited about the update, especially as this hopefully will broaden the user base of WPs.

Slide down to close apps is something I was really hoping for, coming from webOS ;)

I am not sure how the on-screen navigation bar will change manufacturers behaviour; hoping for top notch devices still with capacitive buttons to choose from in the future.

USB support is great!

Updated camera layout is not that beautiful, but could come in useful.

Back button without app termination functionality is not something I had hoped for, but will be more logical for new users!

A more dedicated OneDrive file browser is really nice to have.

App filtering will be truly helpful!

In which way the more efficient multitasking will surface ...? I have seen the IE tabs task screen separation in the video, but I am not sure how other apps will take use of this.

Better backup functionality will hopefully include start screen setup and things!

Install apps on SD card
    : check :smile:
    Seperate volume controls: check :confused:
    Bing smart search: HOORAAAAY!!! :grin:
    Feature to mirror phone's screen: nice :love:
    Quick settings access, action centre, silent notifications, mark a Live Tile as read: :kiss: @MSFT!

What i am hoping for the improved keyboard:
    More typographic details (some special characters are missing if you are a typographic enthusiast or simply want to write truly readable texts.
    A tab key.

EDIT:
    And if the new smallest resolution isn't useful for wearables, ...? :wink:
    02-12-2014 06:38 AM
    Awesome!
    bachata_0a4682_2547958.gif
    hipporama likes this.
    02-12-2014 06:51 AM
443 12345 ...