07-16-2014 07:37 AM
443 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Sorry, but everyone is talking about the Microsoft update, beside this what Nokia will give us in this update? There ir any News?
    With the Device and Service acquisition happening very soon, I doubt there will be updates pushed out in the usual sense. Remember now that the Nokia developers are going over to Microsoft to work. Any news of future updates are just speculation for the time being.
    Santiago_Canepa likes this.
    02-17-2014 05:32 PM
    My only concern and hope that all these new features are optimized for battery performance ^ ^ hopefully the powerdraw of suspended apps, more background tasks/options doesnt kill the battery life. Anyone else have the same concern as me?
    02-17-2014 07:07 PM
    My only concern and hope that all these new features are optimized for battery performance ^ ^ hopefully the powerdraw of suspended apps, more background tasks/options doesnt kill the battery life. Anyone else have the same concern as me?
    Nope, Zero. Makes no sense either, as suspended apps require no resources except RAM, which must be powered regardless. You could suspend 300 apps, it would make no difference as far as battery life is concerned.
    02-17-2014 07:12 PM
    will 8.1 be made available for 720?
    02-18-2014 02:55 AM
    will 8.1 be made available for 720?
    ALL WP8 devices will get 8.1, this has been stated by Microsoft already.
    in_720_user likes this.
    02-18-2014 04:58 AM
    thnx neo158. when can we expect it in india?
    02-18-2014 07:00 AM
    thnx neo158. when can we expect it in india?
    If you have access to the preview for developers then you should get it sometime during or after BUILD in April with the final release in June/July AFAIK.
    02-18-2014 09:50 AM
    MS took their time and is sending out a massive update to our Lumias. On paper it seems promising enough, I can only hope with the current buzz in the air about Windows Phone, This year should be pretty ripe for Windows Phone.
    Let us see if we can cross the 10% global market barrier :D
    02-18-2014 02:14 PM
    This year should be pretty ripe for Windows Phone.
    LOL. Never heard THAT before.
    snowmutt and OzRob like this.
    02-19-2014 04:14 AM
    most of the swipe remind me nokia n9 which is great.. n9 with lumia will be good ..thats just my thought..
    the lack of n9 is old browser system.. the notification and else look nice.. hope on win 8.1 the features there..
    02-19-2014 06:36 AM
    Please help..
    i got email of onedrive extra storage from ms.
    but when i click on link it asks for redeem code..
    but what is redeem code?
    can any1 tell me?
    Please send me a message..
    02-20-2014 04:05 AM
    It looks promising but I hope the annoyances are fixed.

1. Status display - currently it only displays time permanently. It auto-hides signal bar, other status like battery life etc. Hopefully there is an option to put those permanently or auto-hide.
    2. Email app - It has a display bug. Live tile displays 3 new mails but when you tap on it and read only one. When you get back to start screen the email count is 0 and not 2.
    3. IE resume - Right now honestly IE in WP7 is superior. Try it. Open another tab in WP7 switch back to the other and its fast. WP8 re-loads every page under each tabs when you switch to it. This has to be fixed. IE should have an option to run in the background so fast resume can happen.
    4. You cannot edit a number in the phone - let's say somebody texted you a number and you can choose call but if you have to edit that number to include "+" or country code. This is true to numbers not in your contact list. In Blackberry you could do this.
    5. You cannot turn off mobile connections selectively - We should be able to turn off mobile and 3G. Or this can be done today?
    02-22-2014 09:49 AM
    When I press the Back button in 8.1, it has been said that the apps will not be closed, but "suspended". Is that the "multitasking view" that also has been mentioned? I basically press back in the app and I see everything I have open and can switch to another app or swipe to close?
    They're going the Android way by my guess. Back button goes to the previous screens within an app, then suspends the app in the background when there's no more previous screens to go to.
    That also means back button doesn't take you any further than start screen. In WP8 it goes past the start screen and keeps terminating every suspended app in the background till there's nothing left; which is annoying.
    And of course you can press and hold back to enter multitasking.
    02-22-2014 01:53 PM
    You know what'd be a great troll. On 2nd April Microsoft says "Guys we were just kidding about these features, Windows phone 8.1 is just a bug fixer. "
    02-22-2014 02:53 PM
    I cannot wait for cortana.
    02-27-2014 01:39 AM
    It looks promising but I hope the annoyances are fixed.

1. Status display - currently it only displays time permanently. It auto-hides signal bar, other status like battery life etc. Hopefully there is an option to put those permanently or auto-hide.
    2. Email app - It has a display bug. Live tile displays 3 new mails but when you tap on it and read only one. When you get back to start screen the email count is 0 and not 2.
    3. IE resume - Right now honestly IE in WP7 is superior. Try it. Open another tab in WP7 switch back to the other and its fast. WP8 re-loads every page under each tabs when you switch to it. This has to be fixed. IE should have an option to run in the background so fast resume can happen.
    4. You cannot edit a number in the phone - let's say somebody texted you a number and you can choose call but if you have to edit that number to include "+" or country code. This is true to numbers not in your contact list. In Blackberry you could do this.
    5. You cannot turn off mobile connections selectively - We should be able to turn off mobile and 3G. Or this can be done today?
    They are annoyances to you. They are features to me.

1. It's made this way so it doesn't display too much visual information at the same time. It's made to be simple to the eye. I don't mind if they add an option as long the default keeps being auto-hide.
    2. It's not a bug. It's a feature and a great one. I don't want to read e-mails individually to mark as read on the live tile. I want to check the mail and read their subjects. Most of the time I don't want to spend time opening the email because it's not important for the very moment. It's perfect the way it is. I don't mind if they add an option to "fix" this for you.
    3. Maybe your phone only has 512MB RAM? I have the lumia 925 and when I got back to IE, the opened tabs were ready to use.
    5. I don't really get what you going for but you can turn off mobile data and force use of any network version from 2G, 3G to 4G as long your phone supports it, in settings. You can turn off cellular network altogether by turning on airplane mode, in settings also.
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    03-01-2014 12:59 AM

Let us see if we can cross the 10% global market barrier :D

stock holder? Employee?
    I'll just go with **** for brains fan boy...
    03-01-2014 06:42 AM
    The camera improvement is the only one I care of the update.
    03-03-2014 12:54 PM
    The camera improvement is the only one I care of the update.
    wow really bro... You don't care even about SD app installation...improvements made to I.E, onedrive file access or action center??
    03-03-2014 01:00 PM
    wow really bro... You don't care even about SD app installation...improvements made to I.E, onedrive file access or action center??
    SD app installation are only suitable for phones with 8gb storage only and you will probably need a high speed Class 10 SD card unless you are not going to install games in SD card. Regarding IE, the only lackluster are inprivate browsing and better HTML5. The current version of OneDrive is okay. Action Center seems not a big deal to me.

I an hoping for a better camera algorithm in 8.1 since I bought a Lumia because of the camera.
    03-03-2014 01:12 PM
    SD app installation are only suitable for phones with 8gb storage only and you will probably need a high speed Class 10 SD card unless you are not going to install games in SD card. Regarding IE, the only lackluster are inprivate browsing and better HTML5. The current version of OneDrive is okay. Action Center seems not a big deal to me.

I an hoping for a better camera algorithm in 8.1 since I bought a Lumia because of the camera.
    Well i hope that new camera works to your expectations and above...

And there other features won't hurt you I guess, although I hope you're wrong about the class 10 issue with the SD card since lower class cards on Android seem to work just fine transferring app data between SD and CPU... Maybe it'll come down to good app and game development.
    03-03-2014 02:04 PM
    What kills the battery life? They should make the os more efficient.
    03-20-2014 03:21 PM
    Well i hope that new camera works to your expectations and above...

And there other features won't hurt you I guess, although I hope you're wrong about the class 10 issue with the SD card since lower class cards on Android seem to work just fine transferring app data between SD and CPU... Maybe it'll come down to good app and game development.
    I don't care about class 10 sd cards as that's all I buy anyway. Mind you they are used for digital camera pictures and video but I wont buy anything other than class 10 now. I just wish the price was cheaper so I could buy the extreme cards.
    03-23-2014 10:22 PM
    You can get a generic 32GB
    class 10 micro SD on eBay for 10 bucks...

Sent from my RM-846_nam_canada_302 using Tapatalk
    03-26-2014 12:13 AM
    Hello guys, so, what do you think, is 10 April true date of starting WP 8.1 update for Developers also for Lumia 620 devices...??? :-)
    03-31-2014 12:56 PM
443 ... 45678 ...