Initial thoughts on Windows Phone 8.1?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised so much is going into this release. It looks like the big one everyone is waiting for.

It's still early enough for some things to be cut.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So far with all the leaks I am very very impressed I just hope it does not get to the fragmentation level of Android. Microsoft is pushing the sub $100 no contract phones, I have a 520 and I hope it gets the update. Not only not fragmenting but not taking forever to put the updates out. My 520 still hasn't gotten the black update.

Sent From My Woven Black and Yellow Moto X

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to change menu at all, I just want better view of menu items, not to scroll so much. I want nicer icons, thats it.

how come you have to scroll a lot when you just tap the letter and the alphabet grid is revealed? Tapping a letter in the grid takes you to all apps starting with that letter. I find the amount of scrolling is thereby minimized.

I find the single column allows the entire app name to be shown.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Any word on a built in timer/stopwatch? This has been my #1 gripe with WP since November 2010 :(

what is so wrong with a simple app? Even if it came as part of the operating system, the implementation would be similar and the tap count would be no less. Feels like a 21st century problem.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

IAm_Malc

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Why is MS removing the integrated social hub??!I don't want apps to integrate into my OS. If I wanted that, I'd get an Android device. Its like MSFT is listening and not listening at the same time, wow MS, just wow

Still loving 8.1 though :D

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Why is MS removing the integrated social hub??!I don't want apps to integrate into my OS. If I wanted that, I'd get an Android device. Its like MSFT is listening and not listening at the same time, wow MS, just wow

Still loving 8.1 though :D

The hubs provided less-than-basic functionality. You couldn't like or tag people in comments. You couldn't quote a retweet. Etc. I guess that's why they removed it.
And what do you mean by "Apps integrating into OS"? Didn't quite get you.

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen anything on adding attachments to emails (ie replying to an email and adding an office file, picture, etc)

I will not accept the current method of attaching items to emails in WP8.1

Credo93

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I also got a problem with my 920's camera, the low light PureView mode is not working anymore, previously when there was not much light, and i mean really not much, it captures the picture exactly like i see it. Now when i want to do the same the picture is just black ... This all started when the pro cam app was installed, and not solved yet, after few updated to the app and my second update on Windows Phone :) GDR3 for developers first, and then Black :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs