Initial thoughts on Windows Phone 8.1?

TRICSIO

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Very exciting features are been shown but would they all be available come release day? I like the approach Microsoft is taking by making more of the platform.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait anymore!! These features are awesome!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9003 because my beloved Lumia is charging :'D

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read so far it is a step toward a single OS that will cross the gap between Windows 8.1, WinRT, and WP8. That would be the logical evolution in my mind.

Is that what Windows 9 is supposed to bring to fruition?

Locokip

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Will wait and see till we see the final build + apps updated for WP8.1. Too early to judge right now. Plus all of what we saw today was developer related stuff. I'm no dev.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Exciting to hear that WP will finally come into a competition, it always lacked of features, now it's time to rise

Sadly that there isn't cortana as of yet which wouldn't be just a "basic" feature

Quethrosar

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
as long as they fix the duplicate picture and music issue on SD card it's a good update. though annoyed at how long its taken to patch something so simplistic.

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I see no resemblance to Forrest Gump aside from maybe the haircut. I'm in the military and most of us have that same haircut, so I wouldn't associate it with that character.

More importantly, he's holding a pint of bitter or something and that is a +1 in my book.

What is that brew Rich?

LocoKip

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited that OneDrive will allow Co-Authors of folders! My wife and I share photo folders that go all the way back to 2004, but since the reside on my SkyDrive and they are only Shared with her, she cannot select them as a folder as I can on her devices. So, that will be an immediate improvement that has kind of irked me. Same will help with music.

Although I don't play Halo, I think the Cortana idea is excellent. Not until I listened to the last WPCentral Podcast did I understand the reference, but that alone could be a huge selling point to some folks looking to switch from Android. I have folks that sitting my car that are amazed by the Bluetooth voice technology whenever I text or call someone without taking my hands off the wheel (I'm sure their iphones and droids would do the same if they knew how to hook it up). I can only imagine what they would do if the voice sounded like something out of Halo. They'd probably ask me to drive them to the nearest retailer to trade in their inferior phones :)

LocoKip

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
as long as they fix the duplicate picture and music issue on SD card it's a good update. though annoyed at how long its taken to patch something so simplistic.

and all this time I thought i was getting duplicate pictures because i messed something up when i deleted a bunch of files off my SD card when switching from android

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Are virtual buttons included in the SDK? If not, could they possibly be included in the actual update? I'm really looking forward to virtual buttons but I didn't see any forum posts about this yet (I didn't look too hard though).

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
We need more polished redesign of whole OS! With that and a few more features it will be a great platform.

Xx9UR1k.gif

7EbSOJ8.gif

t4RuAo9.gif

nitt_attaboy

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
and all this time I thought i was getting duplicate pictures because i messed something up when i deleted a bunch of files off my SD card when switching from android
it happens when you don't unmount your SD Card before switching off and removing it. Because of not unmounting a copy of sd Card contents for fast access by OS remains in the other storage. And on top of that another copy of the same gets created again when you insert the micro SD Card.

So nnext time unmount the micro SD Card before removing it by going into the settings.

Unfortunately the duplicate copies can't be deleted. Now you need to reset your phone to correct it.

rahilsayed

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Its great for me to know that HTC 8X is flagship of windows phone nd i m excited if i got the update first on my 8X.....Fantastic changes in 8.1 but i cant stop myself from wanting more frm windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel