Initial thoughts on Windows Phone 8.1?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
All of these features are great, 8.1 needs 1 more thing though! Other storage needs to be fixed! And before you go replying "oh well its already fixed..." NO IT'S NOT, I'm at 7 gb right now and that is not acceptable! and I have already had to hard reset it because it got over 15 gb (THAT'S POST UPDATE 3)

It is fixed here's what to do.

1) turn off the automatically set time feature
2) put phone in airplane mode
3) set date one year ahead
4)goto temporary files and hit delete

When I did this my temporary folder dramatically decreased from 2.8GB to 56Mb. Make sure to do it overnight so as to not disrupt the day.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It is fixed here's what to do.

1) turn off the automatically set time feature
2) put phone in airplane mode
3) set date one year ahead
4)goto temporary files and hit delete

When I did this my temporary folder dramatically decreased from 2.8GB to 56Mb. Make sure to do it overnight so as to not disrupt the day.
thank you but "temporary files" and "other" are two different things...

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You've probably got a badly written app installed, having issues with SkyDrive and/or are doing a ton of drag and drop from a PC. This is probably always going to be an issue, but MS needs to give better insight into what's being stored there so you can troubleshoot.
you are probably right, and in that case I should be able to see which app is screwing me over, I'm pretty confident ms is working on it because there is no way that they would just ignore an issue like this, right? Right?? D':

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There has been no word on actionable notifications (replying to notifications without going to the app) since. Is this still to be expected? Please anyone that has anything on this should reply :)

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Just download Avirall Time Suite. it's better than any built in

I have it, it sucks. Same problem as every other single 3rd party timer. Inaccurate over longer periods of time, sometimes the alarm doesn't go off, other times they randomly fail, etc. I'm one of WP's biggest fans, but it's downright pathetic that a basic phone feature such as timer/stopwatch has been neglected by MS for so long. I switched from an iPhone to WP on day one of WP's release, and the fact that such a BASIC and EASY to implement feature is still missing after 3+ years, is just plain inexcusable. Especially when it's on every single smartphone and dumbphone platform in existence.

My daily life makes use of timers constantly, and having this feature poorly implemented via 3rd party devs in its current form, is a huge annoyance. It's one of those seemingly insignificant things that becomes a huge annoyance over time and lessens the enjoyment of phone. Like a grain of sand in your shoe.

juskteez

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Would be amazing to have:
- Start screen Backgrounds options
- Separate password for Kids Corner

Sent from my Windows "Phong" using Tapatalk

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Are virtual buttons included in the SDK? If not, could they possibly be included in the actual update? I'm really looking forward to virtual buttons but I didn't see any forum posts about this yet (I didn't look too hard though).

yeah, i Just saw it in a video posted about the SDK...

But dude, is just for new hardware!

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
so its almost confirm that we will not be getting any additional background colors aside from blacl and white or the ability to put some image?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I am excited for the update & new hardware. I love my ATIV S, but I really want to get a Nokia pureview camera.

Although the leaks have helped to stir up some excitement, I hope that in addition to Cortana, there are some real surprises for the official unveiling. It's always a bummer when we know everything in advance of an official unveil.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nice additions some small some major, but not understanding that removal of FB integration, can some one please explain why ?
like they did in windows 8.1 , they remove Facebook chat, instead Microsoft promised an official application which will get new updates and more features than people hub , so they did it ; I guess same will apply for wp8.1 ; they will publish another Facebook app which will blend into people hub just like Skype is doing at moment;

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
like they did in windows 8.1 , they remove Facebook chat, instead Microsoft promised an official application which will get new updates and more features than people hub , so they did it ; I guess same will apply for wp8.1 ; they will publish another Facebook app which will blend into people hub just like Skype is doing at moment;

currently skype into people hub of WP ??? didn't know that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720