Initial thoughts on Windows Phone 8.1?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh I didn't get you there , by labels you mean different fields in contacts for example having a contacts x with mobile no in 1st field , 2nd work mobile no on 2nd field , email address , birthday ?

For example WP8 only supports the phone and email labels that are preset. Android supports custom labels so I could label a contacts phone number as anything I want.

Sent From My Woven Black and Yellow Moto X

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
For example WP8 only supports the phone and email labels that are preset. Android supports custom labels so I could label a contacts phone number as anything I want.

Sent From My Woven Black and Yellow Moto X

I have no clue on this , but once the developer preview rolls out one can get and idea about this one and many more features that they didn't showed at build.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am thrilled about Cortana reminding me of things when I am at specific places or when talking to specific people. This will be a huge productivity gain for me. Everything else I've seen so far is ho-hum, but Cortana will be the driver for me to upgrade.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That was no question from kukuxumusu, but a question to lippidp if Cortana really is the only exciting thing about wp8.1.

(Right? @kukuxumusu?)

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Not the biggest deal in the world, but was there anything said about the rumoured native Youtube app? Would be nice to finally have that one put to bed.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I've never been happier with an update than now. Everything i wished for is here
1. File picker (not really a file manager but finally i can upload or send whatever I want). But I'm betting that there will be third party file managers, or maybe onedrive will be tweaked to support local storage browsing.
1a. Install to SD card
2. Action center
3. Separate volume controls
4. Backgrounds
5. Redesigned store
6. More tiles

cortana is cool too, but it's us only :(

aienjell

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thought I was the only one that had duplicate photos. Also, if you try and delete one of them they all dissapear, very annoying.

aienjell

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Although I like the update, his concept looks like a better evolution of the start screen and satisfies most peoples complaints about the OS not being customizable.

aienjell

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Still my favorite WP. Wish it had all of nokias features and apps, Mine fell into water and is stuck in a unrepairable boot loop :(

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I still cant understand why the had to make the action center a swipe down instead of a swipe from the left.

Swiping down compleeeetly contradicts the wp8 design language. Never ever has there anything to swipe down from. A beatiful google now like/notification/shortcut area could have easily added left from the home screen.

That would have made the experience so much more consistent. Now its just a boring rip-offs of how androids and ios do it for years. Feels uninspired and rushed.

Still... better this than no notificiation center

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss