missing things...

sidharthsaini93

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Add some really required features its that windows phone 8 operating system such as file manager like the Symbian devices, USB OTG, WiFi direct, more user friendly, animated theme, and make a awesome device.

zeronoise

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Better music controls in music app , ie 11 should save username and passwords , text/word wrapping (auto adjust page when zoomed in ) , in settings page , list should be shown in alphabetical order. , better battery management , support of start screen in landscape mode .

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Deep Interactions with tiles are missing... such as skip, play,pause controls on music tile. Or tapping the folder tile can open in a bigger tile right in its place where you can directly select one of its content. Or Radio tile has a button to scan for the next station or play next favorite station...

They have one interaction which allows to clear the notifications off the tiles which is welcomed...

Another one I can think of is deep level access to time api so we can have good quality third party alarm apps with varieties like stop alarm with barcode or math quiz or passwords, etc.

Allow editing of keyboard dictionaries (only custom words) individually... i.e. delete individual words or change their spelling rather than deleting/resetting the whole dictionary...

More customization of IE window in terms of which buttons to show, where to show, auto-hide. Also password manager, bookmark sync with windows 8, allow more than 6 tabs.

I am not complaining, I am already happy with what we are going to have but these all can make the experience even better...

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Better music controls in music app , ie 11 should save username and passwords , text/word wrapping (auto adjust page when zoomed in ) , in settings page , list should be shown in alphabetical order. , better battery management , support of start screen in landscape mode .

You know...I see a lot of people mention text/word wrapping, but from what I've noticed, only Android does this. I personally hate it because it always screws up the formatting of a web page. I have a nexus 4, and anytime I try to zoom in on text on a webpage like theverge, the header comes down and fills up half the screen to try and wrap. Even iOS doesn't have word wrap, and I think I'm ok with that.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Search in Messages. I want to be able to find a conversation without scrolling. Or make the "universal search" be able to search the messaging hub. This is such a simple feature that I long for daily. I'm an IOS convert and this is the one feature that I still don't understand why it's not implemented. If I can search email and contacts, I should be able to search messages.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I dont see any practical use for a file manager, if it was implemented, just don't make it like android where it has an overwhelming number of system folders where it is difficult to find the default user home directory; it is a horrendous mess of files. All I would ever need is the basic media files; Docs, music, etc...

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Quiet hours - let the phone ring at night but silence all other notifications.

I has read that was coming. Hopefully it is and just didn't make the list.

I dont see any practical use for a file manager, if it was implemented, just don't make it like android where it has an overwhelming number of system folders where it is difficult to find the default user home directory; it is a horrendous mess of files. All I would ever need is the basic media files; Docs, music, etc...

I had it through the Preview program and uninstalled it. What is coming with OneDrive will beat that, for me.

Add some really required features its that windows phone 8 operating system such as file manager like the Symbian devices, USB OTG, WiFi direct, more user friendly, animated theme, and make a awesome device.

I agree about USB OTG. Sounds like the WiFi improvements will be significant, though.

Also missing is the ability for NFC and apps to make approved settings changes. Microsoft really needs to make improvements here.

wtrmlnjuc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I honestly want an option for music playback to work like it did in WP7 where your progress is saved even when you watch a video or other online media. That way you don't lose your music playback list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss