The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-17-2014 11:19 AM
58 123
tools
    Off Topic, anybody noticing that the Facebook BETA app has delays in notifications last few days and also with the chat?
    02-11-2014 11:10 PM
    Excited to know more about Facebook Blue App!!
    02-11-2014 11:53 PM
    Off Topic, anybody noticing that the Facebook BETA app has delays in notifications last few days and also with the chat?
    yeah I noticed this after the Black update...
    02-12-2014 12:04 AM
    it's instant for me
    02-12-2014 12:20 AM
    They're not removing FB integration. They're simply removing that screen that shows up when you go to Settings, Accounts + Emails, Facebook.
    Ex: Twitter doesn't have that screen.
    actually twitter does show up there in settings > email & account for me. Is it because you don't have the official twitter app ?
    02-12-2014 01:40 AM
    I can't wait for Ben to go around and challenge people to share a photo to Twitter and Facebook faster than Windows Phone 8.1 - because there will be no #smokedbywindowsphone anymore! :(
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 02-12-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    02-12-2014 07:01 AM
    weird, cause i have a HTC 8X and have that issue on there
    02-12-2014 09:43 AM
    weird, i have 2 phones, 1 HTC 8X and L920, both show no toast notifications on chat nor when people gives comments. i only get for likes.
    02-12-2014 09:46 AM
    actually twitter does show up there in settings > email & account for me. Is it because you don't have the official twitter app ?
    It does shows because it's linked to your Microsoft account. I have never installed the official app or unofficial twitter apps.
    02-12-2014 09:54 AM
    Anything that is integrated will take a longer time to update. Also, since MS does not control API's and how many calls you can make to facebook servers it is not in their best interest to keep supporting and have a bad user experience and yes it has happened few times with both twitter and facebook integration. If they can make a way for an app to integrate itself in people hub, all programmers have to do is program for that particular feature. As a standalone app it will easier to update time to time w/o waiting for OS update or carrier approval. And yes I understand where people are coming from. I too was attracted to WP because of the integration with facebook/twitter/linkedin but this is one of those greater good points when Microsoft is trying to have a seamless experience through out Windows Family and for consumers not having to wait for silly GDR.
    02-12-2014 10:20 AM
    Some of you need to have a look at the link that Twitter@Firas_MD posted, it states that Facebook (Blue) will be integrated but users of Twitter, Sina Weibo and LinkedIn need to download a separate app!!

This is speculation on my part but my guess is this, if, like me, you have Twitter and LinkedIn connected to your MS account then the People hub will show updates and contacts from them but you won't be able to send broadcast messages to them. That will be where the Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue" apps will come in as they will be able to hook into the OS and add that functionality into the People Hub and Me Tile. This is similar to how Skype integration works now.

Facebook will be unaffected and will function how it always has just with the functionality separated into an app that can be updated independently of the OS in the same way the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps are today.
    Last edited by neo158; 02-12-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    02-12-2014 11:07 AM
    Some of you need to have a look at the link that Twitter@Firas_MD posted, it states that Facebook (Blue) will be integrated but users of Twitter, Sina Weibo and LinkedIn need to download a separate app!!

This is speculation on my part but my guess is this, if, like me, you have Twitter and LinkedIn connected to your MS account then the People hub will show updates and contacts from them but you won't be able to send broadcast messages to them. That will be where the Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue" apps will come in as they will be able to hook into the OS and add that functionality into the People Hub. This is similar to how Skype integration works now.

Facebook will be unaffected and will function how it always has just with the functionality separated into an app that can be updated independently of the OS in the same way the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps are today.
    That is still a step back in many ways until we can post to multiple accounts by 2 taps aka Me tile style. Else how will you do #smokedbywindowsphone?

Jaskys likes this.
    02-12-2014 12:49 PM
    Look here

https://twitter.com/AngelWZR

FileManager is presented in this SDK build but it's locked in some way. Also there is an appx package for it but Interop acess is required
    02-12-2014 01:38 PM
    Sweet.
    02-12-2014 01:44 PM
    Look here

https://twitter.com/AngelWZR

FileManager is presented in this SDK build but it's locked in some way. Also there is an appx package for it but Interop acess is required
    How it is related to facebook in any way?
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    02-12-2014 01:57 PM
    That is still a step back in many ways until we can post to multiple accounts by 2 taps aka Me tile style. Else how will you do #smokedbywindowsphone?

Re read my post, you would still be able to do that as the apps themselves would hook into those parts of the OS!!
    02-12-2014 02:13 PM
    How it is related to facebook in any way?
    It isn't, he just wants to hijack this thread!!
    02-12-2014 02:14 PM
    Re read my post, you would still be able to do that as the apps themselves would hook into those parts of the OS!!
    So there will be a "share to all social networks" option accessible by single tap?
    02-12-2014 02:34 PM
    So there will be a "share to all social networks" option accessible by single tap?
    According to information there is now it won't be possible, you will need to launch an app to share, so open twitter, facebook, etc same as on other platforms, kinda sucks
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    02-12-2014 02:37 PM
    According to information there is now it won't be possible, you will need to launch an app to share, so open twitter, facebook, etc same as on other platforms, kinda sucks
    Launching an app to share is only needed when you use non 8.1 Twitter and LinkedIn apps, hence why I stated Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-12-2014 03:17 PM
    Blue is code name for revamped version of the app, this blue version is floating around since GDR2

And there's a "guide" of 8.1 for devs which shows that app MUST be launched to share

1.Press share button
    2.Choose which service you want
    3.Post
    4.App closes and goes back where you were
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    02-12-2014 04:22 PM
    Blue is code name for revamped version of the app, this blue version is floating around since GDR2

And there's a "guide" of 8.1 for devs which shows that app MUST be launched to share

1.Press share button
    3.Post
    So, that happens on Windows 8.1 as well. Just try sharing something and it opens a window, if that's the right term, for the service you're sharing to, allows you to post then closes. I get the impression you think it will open the app completely.
    Last edited by neo158; 02-12-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    02-12-2014 05:47 PM
    So you just proven that you were wrong.

And trying to make me a fool, by repeating what i said
    02-13-2014 05:50 AM
    Launching an app to share is only needed when you use non 8.1 Twitter and LinkedIn apps, hence why I stated Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WPCentral Forums mobile app

1.Press share button
    3.Post
    So, that happens on Windows 8.1 as well. Just try sharing something and it opens a window, if that's the right term, for the service you're sharing to, allows you to post then closes. I get the impression you think it will open the app completely.
    Exactly! So this means - we won't be able to do what that video from Ben the PC guy boasted about for nearly a year! - share with ONE tap to all your social networks.

Even if apps are updated to blue, green whatever - you need to share stories individually. #WindowsPhoneBlueSmokedByWindowsPhone7
    02-13-2014 05:53 AM
    So you just proven that you were wrong.

And trying to make me a fool, by repeating what i said
    No, I haven't. The sharing API will allow those apps to "hook" into it just like on Windows RT 8.1 seeing as the APIs have merged. That same API allows for far more services than just social networks. If you had been bothered to read ALL the information that's available then you would know that the only time the app has to be launched is if it's a WP8 app that's used for sharing.

You would also know if read my post properly in the first place then you would see that I wrote "This is speculation on my part...", meaning that I don't know for sure but this is my guess!!!

Better yet, lets all stop speculating and wait for BUILD in April to see what happens!!!
    02-13-2014 06:36 AM
58 123