Windows phone 8.1 or NoFacebookMessenger Phone 8.1?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
They're not removing FB integration. They're simply removing that screen that shows up when you go to Settings, Accounts + Emails, Facebook.
Ex: Twitter doesn't have that screen.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that's thrilled about this? I don't care for facebook, don't use facebook, and certainly don't want facebook anywhere on my phone or in my life. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know which company is worse, facebook or google. I can't wait for that annoying little "F" logo to disappear from my people tile, too!

If all the rumors are true, then if you like facebook, you'll have the ability to download an app or link your MS account and everything would be integrated as before.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one that's thrilled about this? I don't care for facebook, don't use facebook, and certainly don't want facebook anywhere on my phone or in my life. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know which company is worse, facebook or google. I can't wait for that annoying little "F" logo to disappear from my people tile, too!

If all the rumors are true, then if you like facebook, you'll have the ability to download an app or link your MS account and everything would be integrated as before.

Huh? Why do you even have Facebook linked to your accounts? Just remove it and you won't have to see any Facebook anywhere. And in messaging you can turn off facebook altogether.

archimess

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Why is nobody thinking that Facebook could be integrated in Skype and take the Messaging Hub there (just as Google did with Hangouts). We already have that on desktop.
There were rumors that Skype is working on a WhatsApp/Viber feature, connecting phone numbers, so eather you send an SMS or an Online message. Same goes for Facebook chat.

I think it's about time that Windows gets a superior Skype over Android and iOS.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They're not removing FB integration. They're simply removing that screen that shows up when you go to Settings, Accounts + Emails, Facebook.
Ex: Twitter doesn't have that screen.
actually twitter does show up there in settings > email & account for me. Is it because you don't have the official twitter app ?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait for Ben to go around and challenge people to share a photo to Twitter and Facebook faster than Windows Phone 8.1 - because there will be no #smokedbywindowsphone anymore! :(

Last edited:

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
weird, i have 2 phones, 1 HTC 8X and L920, both show no toast notifications on chat nor when people gives comments. i only get for likes.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
actually twitter does show up there in settings > email & account for me. Is it because you don't have the official twitter app ?

It does shows because it's linked to your Microsoft account. I have never installed the official app or unofficial twitter apps.

cruisezero

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Anything that is integrated will take a longer time to update. Also, since MS does not control API's and how many calls you can make to facebook servers it is not in their best interest to keep supporting and have a bad user experience and yes it has happened few times with both twitter and facebook integration. If they can make a way for an app to integrate itself in people hub, all programmers have to do is program for that particular feature. As a standalone app it will easier to update time to time w/o waiting for OS update or carrier approval. And yes I understand where people are coming from. I too was attracted to WP because of the integration with facebook/twitter/linkedin but this is one of those greater good points when Microsoft is trying to have a seamless experience through out Windows Family and for consumers not having to wait for silly GDR.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Some of you need to have a look at the link that Twitter@Firas_MD posted, it states that Facebook (Blue) will be integrated but users of Twitter, Sina Weibo and LinkedIn need to download a separate app!!

This is speculation on my part but my guess is this, if, like me, you have Twitter and LinkedIn connected to your MS account then the People hub will show updates and contacts from them but you won't be able to send broadcast messages to them. That will be where the Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue" apps will come in as they will be able to hook into the OS and add that functionality into the People Hub and Me Tile. This is similar to how Skype integration works now.

Facebook will be unaffected and will function how it always has just with the functionality separated into an app that can be updated independently of the OS in the same way the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps are today.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Some of you need to have a look at the link that Twitter@Firas_MD posted, it states that Facebook (Blue) will be integrated but users of Twitter, Sina Weibo and LinkedIn need to download a separate app!!

This is speculation on my part but my guess is this, if, like me, you have Twitter and LinkedIn connected to your MS account then the People hub will show updates and contacts from them but you won't be able to send broadcast messages to them. That will be where the Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue" apps will come in as they will be able to hook into the OS and add that functionality into the People Hub. This is similar to how Skype integration works now.

Facebook will be unaffected and will function how it always has just with the functionality separated into an app that can be updated independently of the OS in the same way the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps are today.

That is still a step back in many ways until we can post to multiple accounts by 2 taps aka Me tile style. Else how will you do #smokedbywindowsphone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss