Windows phone 8.1 or NoFacebookMessenger Phone 8.1?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
According to information there is now it won't be possible, you will need to launch an app to share, so open twitter, facebook, etc same as on other platforms, kinda sucks

Launching an app to share is only needed when you use non 8.1 Twitter and LinkedIn apps, hence why I stated Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Blue is code name for revamped version of the app, this blue version is floating around since GDR2

And there's a "guide" of 8.1 for devs which shows that app MUST be launched to share

1.Press share button
2.Choose which service you want
3.Post
4.App closes and goes back where you were

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Blue is code name for revamped version of the app, this blue version is floating around since GDR2

And there's a "guide" of 8.1 for devs which shows that app MUST be launched to share

1.Press share button
3.Post

So, that happens on Windows 8.1 as well. Just try sharing something and it opens a window, if that's the right term, for the service you're sharing to, allows you to post then closes. I get the impression you think it will open the app completely.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
According to information there is now it won't be possible, you will need to launch an app to share, so open twitter, facebook, etc same as on other platforms, kinda sucks

Launching an app to share is only needed when you use non 8.1 Twitter and LinkedIn apps, hence why I stated Twitter "Blue" and LinkedIn "Blue".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WPCentral Forums mobile app

1.Press share button
3.Post

So, that happens on Windows 8.1 as well. Just try sharing something and it opens a window, if that's the right term, for the service you're sharing to, allows you to post then closes. I get the impression you think it will open the app completely.

Exactly! So this means - we won't be able to do what that video from Ben the PC guy boasted about for nearly a year! - share with ONE tap to all your social networks.

Even if apps are updated to blue, green whatever - you need to share stories individually. #WindowsPhoneBlueSmokedByWindowsPhone7

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So you just proven that you were wrong.

And trying to make me a fool, by repeating what i said

No, I haven't. The sharing API will allow those apps to "hook" into it just like on Windows RT 8.1 seeing as the APIs have merged. That same API allows for far more services than just social networks. If you had been bothered to read ALL the information that's available then you would know that the only time the app has to be launched is if it's a WP8 app that's used for sharing.

You would also know if read my post properly in the first place then you would see that I wrote "This is speculation on my part...", meaning that I don't know for sure but this is my guess!!!

Better yet, lets all stop speculating and wait for BUILD in April to see what happens!!!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! So this means - we won't be able to do what that video from Ben the PC guy boasted about for nearly a year! - share with ONE tap to all your social networks.

Even if apps are updated to blue, green whatever - you need to share stories individually. #WindowsPhoneBlueSmokedByWindowsPhone7

Irrelevant, the Smoked By Windows Phone is a campaign from the Windows Phone 7 era and it's as dead as WP7 is now!!

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to speculate anything, i already explained how it will work

Do you think MS will change their mind at the last second? No, most of the work is already done

#WindowsPhoneBlueSmokedByWindowsPhone7

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to speculate anything, i already explained how it will work

Do you think MS will change their mind at the last second? No, most of the work is already done

#WindowsPhoneBlueSmokedByWindowsPhone7

No, you didn't. All you did was spout documentation at me and that is subject to change. Why not wait until BUILD to find out more instead of getting upset over something no one has seen working yet!!

NestorP

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Its a very bad news, i just remove fb acc from my wp8 and people hub looks very ugly. No profile pics on contact, no socian nt news.
DONT DO IT MS!!!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Its a very bad news, i just remove fb acc from my wp8 and people hub looks very ugly. No profile pics on contact, no socian nt news.
DONT DO IT MS!!!

Facebook is still integrated it's just that some functions have been moved into an "app" to allow for faster updates.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Facebook account option REMOVED
That was one of the main features why i choosed WP8 over android or iOS and now im gonna get bended over by MS?

All threads about Facebook messenger in FB uservoice page got removed last week, it might tell us that FB messenger is coming or that we getting completely shafted

My informed and educated guess on this is that Microsoft will give devs more access to the Hubs for app integration. I don't have the details on how that will work, but the vibe I'm getting:

Microsoft is not taking something away, but taking something away and giving something else in return.

Others are right though, the SDK is a beta SDK and there will be much more in the final version. There's no need to review or come to definitive conclusions based on the beta SDK alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo