02-17-2014 11:19 AM
58 123
tools
    Facebook account option REMOVED
    That was one of the main features why i choosed WP8 over android or iOS and now im gonna get bended over by MS?

All threads about Facebook messenger in FB uservoice page got removed last week, it might tell us that FB messenger is coming or that we getting completely shafted
    wtrmlnjuc and NestorP like this.
    02-11-2014 12:42 PM
    the facebook beta app now notifies you instantly when you receive a message, maybe that is why it is removed
    02-11-2014 12:53 PM
    Microsoft is a huge investor in Facebook and they partner on many levels, so I don't think we would see LESS Facebook in anything from MS but MORE.
    Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    02-11-2014 12:54 PM
    Facebook account option means FB Chat? I'm a little confused.
    02-11-2014 12:55 PM
    Facebook account option means FB Chat? I'm a little confused.
    It's a simple as 2 plus 2
    You add facebook account to your MS account and then your **** appears on people hub and messaging hub

the facebook beta app now notifies you instantly when you receive a message, maybe that is why it is removed
    Could be, but i like clean interface of messaging hub 10000x more than fb app.
    aldovelco, Pontifex and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    02-11-2014 01:01 PM
    This change has me nervous. I do not use Facebook a lot, so I do not have any Facebook Apps installed. Instead I either look at my contacts from the people hub or use groups to check on twitter, Facebook, email and other contacts from a particular group. If I have to use a Facebook app to check Post, I never will.
    NestorP likes this.
    02-11-2014 01:04 PM
    If they remove FB, it would be just stupid, having FB all over my phone instead of being force to use an app was the best feature in WP.
    02-11-2014 01:09 PM
    it seems that apps can be plugins to hubs and the messaging app has been opened up so we might be getting a much better facebook in the messaging app than what we have now. Best thing to do is wait and see
    02-11-2014 01:10 PM
    it seems that apps can be plugins to hubs and the messaging app has been opened up so we might be getting a much better facebook in the messaging app than what we have now. Best thing to do is wait and see
    I thought about the same aswell, i hope this is true.
    But what about people hub? What will happen to it?
    02-11-2014 01:13 PM
    If they remove FB, it would be just stupid, having FB all over my phone instead of being force to use an app was the best feature in WP.
    Also having junk files all over your phone is nice :)

A good way to do it is to let Facebook messenger active throughout Messages app OR vice versa ( Since we got the option to set different apps for messages ) we can see a Facebook messenger app that allow you to receive TEXT messages. and you still have the Facebook app.
    02-11-2014 01:18 PM
    People hub is my main feature in WP since WP7... I totally love the speed, the feel and the fact that I don't need an app to check what's going on in FB and Twitter. I don't want them to remove that or having to use the app for chatting since I use FB chat in Messaging hub as well as you know... SMS and Messenger.
    02-11-2014 01:20 PM
    I thought about the same aswell, i hope this is true.
    But what about people hub? What will happen to it?
    I guess that only thing we can really do is speculate until we have more info. Hate the waiting game
    02-11-2014 01:33 PM
    02-11-2014 01:38 PM
    Wow interesting, can't wait to see what will come out

But i still hope that messenger stays at messaging hub and finally gets "Available on mobile" option
    Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    02-11-2014 02:20 PM
    I will be quite disappointed on this, they are removing the unique feature from WP7...
    Which is the result from merging WP and WinRT...
    02-11-2014 02:22 PM
    This might clear things up a bit. Or, at least watch this and see as it develops- https://twitter.com/AngelWZR/status/...135680/photo/1
    02-11-2014 02:55 PM
    I think people should quell their disappointment (or excitement, for that matter) until the update is officially unveiled. People get so emotional over these leaks when there's still a chance that 1) the leak is innaccurate 2) what's shown in the leak may not make it to the final build or 3) the changes made end up being better than what was originally implemented. Leaks are just thatleaks, or small bits of information. We shouldn't judge anything until everything is officially announced and we've been presented with ALL of the information.
    02-11-2014 03:10 PM
    I would guess, this is a function of MS pulling functionality out of the core OS (like music and video hub) to replace it with an app that can hook into the same functionality AND be updated separately from the OS itself.

I'm perfectly OK with that approach. I turned off messenger FB chat in favor of the new app as soon as they upgraded the message notifications in it.
    02-11-2014 03:29 PM
    i think we need to read another function to better undestand why facebook is removed:

Background tasks: Bluetooth signal strength, Chat message notification, Device connection change, Device use trigger, Gatt characteristic notification, Location, Push notification, Rfcomm connection, System event, Timer

What this mean? WP8 already have chat message notification, so this must be something new.. something like a background service that can handle some kind of chat message notification.
    So, here what i think: WP 8.1 will provide some new background service that apps can use; one of them is the Chat Message notification, hopefully any developer can use that service to fetch new message for his app. MAYBE this can also mean we can interface other app with the messaggin app (like whatsapp messages on normal message app).
    IF this is true then the messaging app will be totally customizable, if i want facebook in the integrated chat system i'll just install the app.. otherwise i just don't.
    We can only suppose things with the actual info, but i think this can be one possibility.
    02-11-2014 04:54 PM
    People hub is my main feature in WP since WP7... I totally love the speed, the feel and the fact that I don't need an app to check what's going on in FB and Twitter. I don't want them to remove that or having to use the app for chatting since I use FB chat in Messaging hub as well as you know... SMS and Messenger.
    This feature was never mentioned to be removed. Only thing that is removed is the Facebook integration. Why? Well, Microsoft accounts now have Facebook integration, so why does Facebook need to be integrated twice? This won't change anything, just means the Microsoft account everyone signs up for will also grab the Facebook extras. ;)
    02-11-2014 05:08 PM
    They're not removing FB integration. They're simply removing that screen that shows up when you go to Settings, Accounts + Emails, Facebook.
    Ex: Twitter doesn't have that screen.
    unnatixlr8 and mrTablet like this.
    02-11-2014 05:35 PM
    Am I the only one that's thrilled about this? I don't care for facebook, don't use facebook, and certainly don't want facebook anywhere on my phone or in my life. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know which company is worse, facebook or google. I can't wait for that annoying little "F" logo to disappear from my people tile, too!

If all the rumors are true, then if you like facebook, you'll have the ability to download an app or link your MS account and everything would be integrated as before.
    02-11-2014 06:38 PM
    Am I the only one that's thrilled about this? I don't care for facebook, don't use facebook, and certainly don't want facebook anywhere on my phone or in my life. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know which company is worse, facebook or google. I can't wait for that annoying little "F" logo to disappear from my people tile, too!

If all the rumors are true, then if you like facebook, you'll have the ability to download an app or link your MS account and everything would be integrated as before.
    Huh? Why do you even have Facebook linked to your accounts? Just remove it and you won't have to see any Facebook anywhere. And in messaging you can turn off facebook altogether.
    02-11-2014 07:00 PM
    Why is nobody thinking that Facebook could be integrated in Skype and take the Messaging Hub there (just as Google did with Hangouts). We already have that on desktop.
    There were rumors that Skype is working on a WhatsApp/Viber feature, connecting phone numbers, so eather you send an SMS or an Online message. Same goes for Facebook chat.

I think it's about time that Windows gets a superior Skype over Android and iOS.
    radmanvr likes this.
    02-11-2014 07:18 PM
    If this is removed, I will PETITION haha....but we should wait for the facts.
    02-11-2014 08:30 PM
58 123