Do we get a new/refreshed Xbox Music app with 8.1? Would be awesome since i don't think it looks near as good as the desktop service.

From Wmpoweruser.com: "7. New Xbox Music and Xbox Video apps replacing Music+Videos apps."
    and
    WPCentral: "Xbox Music and Xbox Video as standalone apps instead of the Music + Video Hub (allowing more updates to be pushed)"

Or does this just apply to the native music app? I am talking about the streaming service.
    02-11-2014 02:02 PM
    Do we get a new/refreshed Xbox Music app with 8.1? Would be awesome since i don't think it looks near as good as the desktop service.

From Wmpoweruser.com: "7. New Xbox Music and Xbox Video apps replacing Music+Videos apps."
    and
    WPCentral: "Xbox Music and Xbox Video as standalone apps instead of the Music + Video Hub (allowing more updates to be pushed)"

Or does this just apply to the native music app? I am talking about the streaming service.
    The new Xbox Music app will replace the current built in app that we have. Which is a great thing, because currently there are just too many options depending on where you are and what you are listening too. Since you have the Xbox Music subscription, you will know what I mean about them being fragmented...can only listen to the streaming stuff in the app, not the native client.

Personally, I'd rather they cut that down into one native client...but they like sending out tons and tons of updates and to do that you need to have access through the app store.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-11-2014 02:37 PM
    I'm hoping they update the existing xbox music (beta?) app. It's nice but slow to resume, has a some weird quirks and less functional than the music hub. I miss the "recently played" section and the play/skip buttons are to small.
    02-11-2014 03:54 PM
    What about flac support?
    02-11-2014 04:18 PM
    Which is a great thing, because currently there are just too many options depending on where you are and what you are listening to.
    This is why we have Hubs, one thing they're killing with Music+Video (<- just make that a separate app Hub, jeezus).
    02-11-2014 05:39 PM
    The real question here is: will microsoft drop the music pass requeriment? because if it doesn't at least for myself, i will leave wp, i use my phone mainly as mp3 player, and i'm not going to pay for a suscription just to hear the music that i already own, plus, i do not have a stable internet connetion.
    trinkner likes this.
    02-11-2014 08:20 PM
    The current Xbox Music (Beta) app on the Windows Phone store is basically what will become the replacement for the current built-in Music + Videos app. This will NOT be built-in (just like the beta version isn't), thus allowing it to be updated more frequently, via the Store. One would assume that, once this becomes the main music application, it will drop the Music Pass requirement, as well as be more integrated into the OS.

Windows Phone 8.1 is coming.
    02-11-2014 08:32 PM
    Amen bro!!! I pay for a pass but listen almost exclusively to my own collection. Have also spent a ton of time getting all the album and artist background art the way i want it (thanks MPATool!) and now it sounds like I will be losing all that. Not at all happy. It appears Microsoft is moving towards a very closed system like iTunes which is my main objection to the iPhone. Making Android look like the best alternative
    trinkner likes this.
    02-12-2014 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the answers guys! I love Xbox Music and will stay by it's side as long as it works well. I have a problem with the shuffle system that it only shuffles songs withing 20 songs of the song i clicked. So i keep hearing the same artist/songs quite often. Do any of you guys have that problem?
    02-20-2014 04:42 PM
    I just hope gapless playback will finally be added...god how long does it take for MS to add such basic function?
    02-20-2014 09:44 PM
    Hey Guys Moving from Android (Galaxy4) to 1520 arriving next week. I have a win 8.1 desktop with the xbox music App that has most of my music available in the cloud, will that be available to my 1520 to stream or do you have to have a music pass sub to stream your own collection? I've had Zune's and Zunepass's in the past and my reup again, but I've been hesitant since the Desktop client still isn't as good as the original zune client ever was.
    02-21-2014 10:12 AM
    Hope the new music app has a more condensed UI as well as the ability to repeat a song/album/artist and hi-speed scrubbing via a knub like on iOS/Android music apps.
    02-22-2014 03:54 AM
    The real question here is: will microsoft drop the music pass requeriment? because if it doesn't at least for myself, i will leave wp, i use my phone mainly as mp3 player, and i'm not going to pay for a suscription just to hear the music that i already own, plus, i do not have a stable internet connetion.
    I totally agree with you. it's kind of absurd that you have to pay $99/year to stream your own music. I think if I upload my music to skydrive, I should be able to play it just like I can see my photos from Skydrive...

I really miss Google Music.... but it's not enough for me to leave WP...
    03-05-2014 04:12 PM